Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: OAK/DYN4

Post by occustoms »

Just Fyi The encoder count problem i had was my bad. I had oak pins 10 and 12 accidentally on 8 and 10. So that is why it was counting off. Soon as that is fixed it worked just fine. In position mode. Went back to try velocity mode and no dice. So im having terry from arrow controls come take a look at it. He seems to think he can get it to work and its just pid settings. I hope that is the case. Cause in velocity mode its really unhappy. lol

Now onto next problem. lol.
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by occustoms »

And i havent gotten that index to act up like it did with josh on teamviewer.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

occustoms wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:37 pm And i havent gotten that index to act up like it did with josh on teamviewer.
Sounds like you are making small progress, moving forward is good.

I hope you are able to get it sorted out and report back on how it goes.

I have never mixed motors/drives and will try never to have to....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

It actually did it after i said it didnt, the index on the 4th. Go figure. It was to late to scope it.

Also i havent mixed motors and drives. Only testing the dmm havent gotten to the glenteks. Unless you mean using all the same motors and drives for every axis.
martyscncgarage

Yes, I meant using the same drives and motors.
Were the comm cables reworked by DMM to the most recent design revision? They did have a grounding issue that caused irratic index pulses. I discovered this and brought it to their attention. I personally addressed it by soldering the Centroid comm cable shield to the DB shells and brought it to their attention. I do not know what they did to permanently fix the issue.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

No i built the cable with thier supplied db shells. they are plastic body shells. I bought all the pins and plugs from centroid when i bought the oak. that way i can only use whats needed on each harness. plus i am completely redoing machine anyway whole new pendant and everything. So whats a few more wires lol.
BASE
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900810
CNC12: No
CNC11: No

Post by BASE »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm Explanation of suggested settings from DMM:

GEAR_NUM is the scaling of the pulse INPUT from the controller (OAK) to the servo drive,

GEAR_NUMx4=number of counts per rev

So we recommend setting GEAR_NUM to 8192=32768counts per rev from the OAK, so set 32768 into OAK motor encoder count

LINE_NUM is the encoder output resolution

LINE_NUM=4095 is a special setting we made for the OAK, setting LINE_NUM to 4095 will output same 32768count/rev to the OAK

You can set GEAR_NUM and LINE_NUM to different settings in our drive, but the OAK requires these two parameters to be the same. So the above setting as in the manual will satisfy this.

We talked to Centroid before and they said they recommend running at this resolution since this is the resolution that they run with the Yaskawa drives, so we just matched that,

You can set GEAR_NUM to 2000 and 8000 in OAK encoder count, you will also need to set LINE_NUM to 2000 to match. This will also work, but the control resolution will be at 8000 instead of 32768count/rev. It will still work, but won't be as high resolution, although 8000 is already pretty high and will satisfy almost all mechanical resolution requirements.

If you recall, we run the Acorn with 8000counts/rev and that's been no problem with everyone. But the OAK being a higher end controller, we increase the resolution up to 32768counts/rev for higher performance,
I finally got around to getting my Oak + DYN4's bench tested. I had a few issues with 'over current' at first, but once I got the settings saved they seemed to go away. Made me a little nervous though.

Once connected to the Oak I went through all the bench test steps in your videos (thank you by the way, very helpful), except I had saved the DMM recommended settings into the drives. Encoder errors and over current again. I thought for sure I was going to have to send the drives back, but after sitting here and racking my brain for a while I thought it might be worth a shot to try the GEAR_NUM & LINE_NUM at 2000 and the Oak encoder setting at 8000. No problems after that.

I'm not sure that the 8192/4095 is a valid combination that really puts out 32768 counts per rev to the Oak. It is what the instructions they gave me said but it they sure don't seem to work for me. The drive won't accept 4096 either. I'm going to email them and see what they have to say but for now I guess I'll just stick with the numbers you used. I'm sure that's plenty of resolution for my old Haas.

The document they sent me:
BASE
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900810
CNC12: No
CNC11: No

Post by BASE »

I played around with the setup some more today and it’s still not quite right. Not sure if it’s a shielding issue. At least some of the drives fault out immediately when Oak starts running and pulls in the contactors. If I cycle the breakers after that they will work just fine. I can cycle the e-stop all I want once Oak is up and running and it clears errors like it should. Seems like a timing issue with logic power being applied before the Oak is ready. Not sure if that would make sense though as Oak is closing the e-stop relay so it has to be running.

I’ve got them wired up like the second page in the attachment above except I have a small line reactor on each drive. Contactor is switching drive power only. Both logic and power are 240.

I can’t think of any other explanation of why they would act like that.
martyscncgarage

Is logic power live all the time and you only kill motor power via the Estop contactor?
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

Logic power needs to be on when oak is powered up.
Mesa, AZ