Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: OAK/DYN4

Post by martyscncgarage »

Centroid won't likely give you support on a drive they don't sell. DMM should be he'll my in that respect. I'll tell you I had DYN4s running in minutes with Oak in Precision mode. CNC12 tuned them quickly.

Did you run the DMMDRV tuning routine first? I'll try and screen shot whatever PID are in CNC12 but I didn't put them there. Not sure they are valid in precision mode.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you are trying to control a rotary axis, with the axis coupled 1:1 to a servo motor, then you are going to have tuning problems.

Telling the software that one unit of movement is five turns instead of one degree isn't going to change the underlying dynamics, which are that the motor will have too little torque and too little damping, relative to the inertia of the rotating parts.

This is not Centroid's fault, and is not DMM's fault. You will have stability problems whether you use velocity mode or position mode. You could conceivably improve matters by massively oversizing the servo, but you would be better off putting in gear reduction. 80:1 should work reasonably well.
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by occustoms »

Yes marty i did do the ddm auto tune. I now wired it up in position mode exactly like you did. and it moves but i cant get pid to tune becuase of position errors. When i Even jogg it. i Get errors, what i have found is that whatever i set the encoder to, and yes its both set correctily in drive vs centroid. Is that say its 8k in centroid i can jogg it but i get errors every single movement and when the stackup errors reach encoder errors set in centroid it triggers estop cause of the errors.

How do i change the direction of the position mode to see if motor is going in reverse? do i just change a+ to A- or Do i Change A+ to B+? To see if this fixes it.

In the isilocope the errors just continue to climb and never try to come back.

And yes i tried 5mm for pitch and also have it seup on z axis atm to make sure its not a rotational problem. And yes final running will be the 1.3kw motor turning 80 times to the 4th axis drive turning Once. SO its wayyyyyy overkill.
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

Right now im just testing and setting up on bench with nothing connected to the motor, its just free spinning.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Can you not the motor in the DMM software ok?
Have you set gear and line number to say 2000 and 8000 in the encoder counts per rev in CNC12.
I'm sorry, I have only used DYN4 in precision mode in CNC12. That's the way we tested it. I purchased the data cable from DMM as well. They purchase them from Centroid and connector use it for use on their drive.
Mesa, AZ
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

cant change it Dmm i checked.
yes on the line number and encoder.
Im in precision mode now.
Ive double checked wiring per dmm its good.
Centroid had me swap the encoder wires when i was on velocity mode testing it to get motor to change directions. Cause they want it ccw to be positive.

Im now in precision mode exactly like yours is wired the same as yours (from dmm manual ) and i think its commanding the wrong position. watched your video multiple times to make sure its exaclty the same.
martyscncgarage

What do you mean by "can't changed it DMM"?

I have never changed encoder wires. I use The cable supplied by DMM and the drive in Precision mode no issues so far, second system bench tested.

How old is your drive and cable?
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Try it with Slow, Incremental jog, x1 increment. Watch the error count on the PID screen (F1/Setup -> F3/Config -> F4.PID).

Does the error count shown on the PID screen increase, by twice the expected amount of movement, every time you jog one increment? If it does, then you are going backward, and need to swap the A and B channels either in the outgoing commands or in the returning encoder counts.
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

Ok ill.try that
martyscncgarage

Just to be sure, when you go into the PID screen, when facing the motor shaft, and turning it Clockwise encoder count goes up (positive) when turning counter clockwise, encoder count goes down (negative)

Marty
Mesa, AZ