Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: OAK/DYN4

Post by martyscncgarage »

H&W CNC wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:37 pm I am having random fault issues also, and I also purchased my DYN4 drives 10/21/19. I have a Acorn board and there cables not a Oak, but still i am having issues with faults. They are telling me its setting issues but they will just fault out sitting there, some times when there Active high and Low. I just worked through some issues today with Marty and went to finish setup and now i am back to issues. I have random faults and also my X drive now wont hold position and will keep rotating backwards? When it moves backwards my DRO doesn't even change values and it moves a few thousandths? This may not be the correct place for the question, but wanted to let you know i have the same drives from the same date and are having issues. I attached my videos and also a picture of my drives. I emailed them to ask the same question if the Firmware was good and my cables.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nLUSzYbDJR9coPc76

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4MDyrMES7sDFSWHN7 (Acorn Settings)
Could you please post to the Acorn Forum and ALSO upload your latest REPORT file. F7 Utilities, F7 Create Report
When you setup your DMM drives and motors using the DMMDRV software, did you use the TUNING feature of the software, before setting things up in Acorn?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
H&W CNC
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3403DE6EC817-0919192465
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by H&W CNC »

Yes, my apologies i will post it over there i just wanted to let you all know I had Drives from the same time frame. Thanks Again
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

H&W CNC wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 pm Yes, my apologies i will post it over there i just wanted to let you all know I had Drives from the same time frame. Thanks Again
No worries!
Marty
Mesa, AZ
skibum-engineer
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by skibum-engineer »

**** Disregard**** Made a new thread

Hi all,
My very first post here so please bear with me if its a bit incomplete or completely stupid.

I've wired up 3 servos (DMM 1.3kW) with DYN4 drives and the Centroid Oak/DMM drive cables.

After initial setup I'm trying to jog but get the following errors.
412 Xaxis (1) encoder differential error
455 Xaxis (1) encoder quadrature error

as well as a value of zero after tuning for parameter 341 (odd...)

The servos do move when using the DMMDRV setup tool. I selected sinusoidal and successfully had motion.

ANy thoughts or hints in the rigth direction are appreciated
Attachments
DYN4Settings.PNG
error2 during setup.PNG
Last edited by skibum-engineer on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
martyscncgarage

jonathan@twente-am wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:21 pm Hi all,
My very first post here so please bear with me if its a bit incomplete or completely stupid.

I've wired up 3 servos (DMM 1.3kW) with DYN4 drives and the Centroid Oak/DMM drive cables.

After initial setup I'm trying to jog but get the following errors.
412 Xaxis (1) encoder differential error
455 Xaxis (1) encoder quadrature error

as well as a value of zero after tuning for parameter 341 (odd...)

The servos do move when using the DMMDRV setup tool. I selected sinusoidal and successfully had motion.

ANy thoughts or hints in the rigth direction are appreciated
Please start your own thread. Be sure to follow the requested information in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
Mesa, AZ
ruirosa

Post by ruirosa »

Hello
I am instaling on a CNC mill servos from DMM (X , Y axis 1 Kw Z-axis 1,8 Kw with brake) drives DYN4. Purchased in 2021
We purchased all the cabeling from DMM.
Power and logic 1 fase 220 VDC, since I am in Continental Europe, Portugal
Made the bench test and instaled the servos and electrical cabinet at the mill (Mikron WF31D).
Having the encoder quadrature and diferential error in all axis since then.
Made the DYN4 setup like Marthy said at his video (A/B fase, Servo aktive Low, GearNr. 2000 and Line Number 2000, Position and precision mode at OAK OAK encoder count to 8000 for all 3 axis).
The values from DMM datasheet for Gear Nr. 8192, Line Nr. 4095 and OAK encoder count 32768 just do not work, faulting the drives with "position error" at each axis once is moved.

Saw at an old post from Martys that the issue was at the OAK-DYN4 cable the shield cable was not conected to the DB9/DB25 Shels.
I opened the isolation and saw that the shield is in fact welded to the DB25 Shel but not to the DB9.
I hooked up a wire from the cable shield to the DB9 Shell and disconected all the hearth cables at the drives.
The problem remains. I have to keep the output 1 forced so that I can move the axis.

Another issue that is new, after tuning the PID the delay from axis 1(x) is 5,5 ms, and 0,5ms for the Y and Z axis??
I am sending a new report.
Thanking in advance for any help.
martyscncgarage

ruirosa wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:47 am Hello
I am instaling on a CNC mill servos from DMM (X , Y axis 1 Kw Z-axis 1,8 Kw with brake) drives DYN4. Purchased in 2021
We purchased all the cabeling from DMM.
Power and logic 1 fase 220 VDC, since I am in Continental Europe, Portugal
Made the bench test and instaled the servos and electrical cabinet at the mill (Mikron WF31D).
Having the encoder quadrature and diferential error in all axis since then.
Made the DYN4 setup like Marthy said at his video (A/B fase, Servo aktive Low, GearNr. 2000 and Line Number 2000, Position and precision mode at OAK OAK encoder count to 8000 for all 3 axis).
The values from DMM datasheet for Gear Nr. 8192, Line Nr. 4095 and OAK encoder count 32768 just do not work, faulting the drives with "position error" at each axis once is moved.

Saw at an old post from Martys that the issue was at the OAK-DYN4 cable the shield cable was not conected to the DB9/DB25 Shels.
I opened the isolation and saw that the shield is in fact welded to the DB25 Shel but not to the DB9.
I hooked up a wire from the cable shield to the DB9 Shell and disconected all the hearth cables at the drives.
The problem remains. I have to keep the output 1 forced so that I can move the axis.

Another issue that is new, after tuning the PID the delay from axis 1(x) is 5,5 ms, and 0,5ms for the Y and Z axis??
I am sending a new report.
Thanking in advance for any help.
You say you "Made bench test"
Did you have everything working on the bench? Do not install anything until you successfully have motors running on the bench under Centroid control.
Supposedly DMM fixed the issue with the shielding.
You did not attach a fresh report.
You need to provide pictures as well so we can "SEE what you SEE"
Mesa, AZ
ruirosa

Post by ruirosa »

Hello
At the bench test there were no issues thats why I move forward with the machine motors and electyrical cabinet instalation.
Sorry I thougt I did attached the lastest report.
Now with report.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0803200997_2022-09-19_11-28-30.zip
(846.48 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
martyscncgarage

ruirosa wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:10 am Hello
At the bench test there were no issues thats why I move forward with the machine motors and electyrical cabinet instalation.
Sorry I thougt I did attached the lastest report.
Now with report.
PLEASE take the time to post picture of your build, control cabinet and wiring.
If you had all DYN4 drives working on the bench, and moving under centroid Control, then you started having encoder issues after you installed the drives and motors, makes me suspicious of your wiring practices.

IF drives and motors were working on the bench and motors turning under Centroid control, you should have NOT modified any DMM cables or wiring.
Put it back the way it was, and go back to bench test mode and retest. You are going down a rabbit hole.
When I had the issues you found, that was during initial testing and ON THE BENCH, not on the machine.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

Looked at your report and saw the encoder errors.
Again, pull Oak and the drives OUT of the cabinet. Put the cables back EXACTLY the way they were, rerun the bench test.
If no encoder errors, retune the drives.
Install the motors on the machine and test movement again, WITHOUT wiring drives into your cabinet. (do not wiring in ANY VFD/spindle etc)
All you are trying to to is get the machine to move under Centroid control with Oak and the drives on the bench.

Post pictures of your wiring

Marty
Mesa, AZ