How to set default folder for programs (Resolved)

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Sword
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: How to set default folder for programs

Post by Sword »

This would seem to be some kind of a Windows Form kind of thing and it seems that CNC12 doesn't use the standard Open File form or something else is going on behind the scenes (best/worst description of it). The only thing I have found that makes it open to the last used folder, is to do this...

Open Windows File Explorer and go to 'View/Options/Change folder and search options' and check 'Show frequently used folders in Quick access' and for the fun of it, 'Clear file explorer history', the F2/Load windows select a file dialog will now remember your last loaded location. It might take a CNC12 reload to get it started. This has to be redone anytime you update CNC12 and you may occasionally want to remove folders from the Quick Launch list either manually with a right click or by going through the above steps again to flush it.
Scott
cbb1962
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C8301-0122180576
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: How to set default folder for programs

Post by cbb1962 »

Sword wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:11 pm This would seem to be some kind of a Windows Form kind of thing and it seems that CNC12 doesn't use the standard Open File form or something else is going on behind the scenes (best/worst description of it). The only thing I have found that makes it open to the last used folder, is to do this...

Open Windows File Explorer and go to 'View/Options/Change folder and search options' and check 'Show frequently used folders in Quick access' and for the fun of it, 'Clear file explorer history', the F2/Load windows select a file dialog will now remember your last loaded location. It might take a CNC12 reload to get it started. This has to be redone anytime you update CNC12 and you may occasionally want to remove folders from the Quick Launch list either manually with a right click or by going through the above steps again to flush it.
That Worked! Thank you very much!
Clint in NW Arkansas

The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know...