**RESOLVED** axis runaway after inputting backlash

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

dawizard

**RESOLVED** axis runaway after inputting backlash

Post by dawizard »

If I enter more than .0005" in the mach config page, the axis jumps and runs away uncontrollably when I use the mpeg. It works fine with jog as long as I don't use the mpeg.
Works fine with less than .0005", But I need .0015". The only way to reset the backlash to stop it from happening is to turn the machine off and reboot the computer. Any Ideas????
backyard_cnc
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: axis runaway after inputting backlash

Post by backyard_cnc »

did you remove the backlash setting and did it return to normal? Are you using MACH or the CNC11 software. I think I read there was an update of software as MACH didn't deal with backlash correctly but I could be mistaken on that. I am doing a CNC11 install and I did set the lash on my Z axis and seemed to work ok but was only 0.001 I have not yet completed my install so cannot really comment on how well it works. I was originally gonna do a MACH3 install as I run it on other machines but I have since decided to purchase the CNC11 software as I think it will be a much better more tightly integrated system under that software.

Initially i had a brief runaway on all 3 axis and then it would error off and trip out. Turns out I had to reverse the polarity to all 3 motors. Even though they were connected red to red and black to black all teh way from the motor to the +/- on the control it didn't work and had to be reversed and then as if magic everything worked. I think we learn a little more for each problem we solve.......... should be an expert when it's all done!

Gerald
dawizard

Post by dawizard »

I'm running Mach 3 . Been using the machine for months. Changing the setting back doesn't stop the problem once it starts to run away unless I reboot the machine.
The backlash setting appear to handled by the ajax plugin not the mach version. It works fine as long as the backlash doesn't exceed .001".Then only if you use the pulse generator. It will work fine with jog, just don't use the Mpg, it takes off.
dawizard

Post by dawizard »

Problem is a bug in the ajax plugin. Needed to load beta version. Seems to be working correctly now. Installing beta was easy didn't override previous settings.