436 servo drive shutdown

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

joneg

436 servo drive shutdown

Post by joneg »

I have a cnc lathe with linux cnc10 v2.32 and a dc310 servo drive. I reconnected it after several years if in activity and now i get a 436 servo drive fault at power up, it had worked fine last time i used it. The bios battery is also dead and giving wrong date errors but i hope that does not matter. Dc supply is 117 volts, all fibers are plugged it. I did unplug all the fibers and there is no red light on fiber #4 at either end, all other fibers have a led signal. I have tried to create a report but do not have a floppy drive and cannot get the control to see a usb stick.
cncsnw

Re: 436 servo drive shutdown

Post by cncsnw »

I would have to look at a working system to be certain, but I am pretty sure you should see light coming from fiber transmitter 4 on the CPU board (the servo drive DATA fiber) any time the CNC10 software is up and running.

If you have a CPU10 board, remember that there are two unused fiber sockets between '3' and '4'. You should have five fibers in 7 sockets. Starting from the back/bottom (nearest the motherboard) they are:
1 TXS
2 CKS
3 RXS
n/c
n/c
4 DATA
5 SYNC

Sockets 4 and 5 are both transmitters from the CPU10 board (gray plastic). Both should be lit once CNC10 has started and the CPU board has been initialized.
joneg

Re: 436 servo drive shutdown

Post by joneg »

I did not have this info when i posted but key is 0625071069 , lathe kit A50283, DF led on dc3io is out

Thanks for the reply. I removed the cpu board from my mill and put it in the lathe, the problem has gone away. So it appears that the cpu10b board is bad.