Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: unknown as of yet
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

New ALLIN1DC Retrofit - Machine Setup Not Completed error

Post by bencarlson »

So, I'm just getting started with my Milltronics Partner 00 retrofit, and it looks like I have the board talking to my computer, then encoders are lit up, and the lights/numbers are all correct according to the manual.

The issue I'm having is, I am ready to start the next step of the configuration and testing, but the error in the screenshot below is showing up, and keeping me from moving forward. I can't go into MDI mode like it tells me to do in the manual, because it keeps kicking me back here.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

-Ben

P.S. bonus question - for a knee mill with a 2-speed (low rpm/high rpm) spindle, how to you manage the RPM in Centroid's software? Or do you manage it manually?
Attachments
Centroid-machine-setup-not-completed.png
cncsnw

Re: New ALLIN1DC Retrofit - Machine Setup Not Completed error

Post by cncsnw »

"Machine setup is not completed" is not an error, and will not prevent you from doing anything that you would otherwise be able to do.

Perhaps the issue is that the control software thinks you have configured secondary (scale) feedback for one or more axes, but you do not have the software unlock for it (and evidently have not enered a demo code either).

More likely though, there is some type of fault being reported. Try scrolling back up in the message box, or viewing the log under F7/Utility -> F9/Logs -> F1/Errors to find out what kind of fault it is.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Regarding spindle speed control: do you have a variable-frequency spindle drive (a.k.a. VFD or inverter)?

If so, then you enter the maximum spindle speed for high gear (as programmed into your VFD) on the Machine Configuration screen; and you enter the low-range speed fraction in Machine Parameter 65.

If it is a Bridgeport-style head which turns the opposite direction when back gear is engaged, make the Parameter 65 value negative.

If possible, you want a range detect switch under the shift lever, which will close a PLC input when in low gear, and open that input in high gear. Most commonly, INP13 is used for this purpose. If you do not have such a switch, and cannot install one, then you can change your PLC program (or hire someone to change it) so you can use one of the Aux keys on the jog panel to indicate what gear range you have the head in.
bencarlson
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: unknown as of yet

Post by bencarlson »

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I have a VFD for the spindle. I see what you're saying about the reversing using the PLC... makes sense, will have to do some research on that!

So the reason I asked this question is, I'm just about to start the bench test, and in the manual ( http://www.centroidcnc.com/downloads/ce ... manual.pdf section 4.2.1) it says I need to:

"1. Set Home and load spindlebenchtest.cnc: Home the machine by pressing start. From the main menu press F2-Load.
Use the arrow keys to select the file spindlebenchtest.cnc"

I can't home it, even on the bench after setting (and triple checking!) all of the changes it calls out in section 4.1, so that's what I'm trying to figure out. I thought that these errors/warnings were causing it to not allow me to home it, maybe?

Thanks!

-Ben
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

On page 22, paragraph 4.1 if you set the home setting to jog as shown, all you need to do is press cycle start to "home" the machine, per the second line of instruction in the center of your screen shot. The machine will not move, but the home position will be set at the current position.

That will enable the DRO's and allow you to use F2 to load the spindle test program.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If, when you press Cycle Start to set home, you get a "Machine Home Not Set" message, accompanied by another "327 Fault: job cancelled" message in the message box, then there is a fault condition that you need to identify and then fix or defeat.

A regrettable feature in CNC12 v4.12 is the series of "Axis 1 is not homed" / "Axis 2 is not homed" / "Axis 3 is not homed" messages added to the message box after a failed attempt at homing. This causes the actual fault condition to scroll out of sight. You will need to scroll back in the message box (using a mouse or the keyboard arrow keys) to find out what the problem is.

You could also post a Report here, so we can look at your message log and your parameter settings.
jonmessenger
CNC Control System Serial Number: GHFDDHECE(0223151234)
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by jonmessenger »

Greetings all,

I am having the following issue with my cnc 11 to cnc 12 upgrade
I have included the report.zip from before the upgrade, and the report008dc111...... from after the upgrade.

the issue is as follows, before the upgrade I would get the "Machine Setup Not Completed" Screen, then press Cycle Start and the machine would home and then I could start running programs

After the upgrade, I am stuck on this screen with a Stall error on z axis encoder differential error, (currently don't have the number, thought I captured it in the photo but apparently not, so will include later) and I cannot do anything.

I followed the .pdf instructions for backing up my cncm directory and making a report, installed the new software per instructions, created the second report that you see there and received my license and installed it.
I have since uninstalled it and returned it to CNC11 restored the report and all is working as it was.

Thoughts?
Attachments
completely useless photo that I will replace tomorrow if needed
completely useless photo that I will replace tomorrow if needed
report_0008DC111213-0223151234_2022-03-13_14-59-13.zip
cnc12 post upgrade
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
report.zip
cnc11 report pre upgrade
(4.19 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You seem to have installed a PLC program for a DC3IOB control on your Allin1DC control. That is probably why you have a "9030 SPINDLE FAULT" that won't go away, as well as some "Undefined PLC message" messages.

If you were satisfied with the function of your PLC program prior to the update, you should restore the mpu.plc file and plcmsg.txt file from your old report. If you were hoping to use a wireless MPG or other new functions, then you should use the PLC Installer from the current CNC12 package to install a basic Allin1DC mill PLC program, along with its correct message file.

For what it's worth, "412 Z axis(3) encoder differential error" generally means that the encoder is not plugged in; has a bad cable or connection; or is dead. However, at the time you made your post-update report, the Z axis encoder was showing a good connection.
jonmessenger

Post by jonmessenger »

Fascinating, I will reinstall this weekend and pay closer attention to the PLC issue, that confuses me.
and as to the encoder issue, when I reinstalled CNC11 and restored from report all functions as it should again so that is baffling as well

Thank you for your prompt response!!
jonmessenger

Post by jonmessenger »

Reinstalled the CNC12 software, and did not fat finger the PLC selection this time and it is up and running, the servo cable was not tightened down good enough either, it has been 5 years since I put the dude together.

Now I need to search the forum for how to hook up 3rd party tool touch off probe to the All-In-One-DC running CNC12
Thanks Again!!