Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1128180712
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Delta Drive Cable and Motor Brake Questions

Post by jsmetalcraft »

A note at the bottom of the wire diagram for the communications cable it says 17 VDD +24v may be connected to COM+ instead of external supply. Do I need to add a jumper from pin 17 VDD to pin 11 COM+ on the Delta end, or does the Oak board now supply the +24v from pin 23?

I want to make sure or be corrected on how to hook up a servo motor brake. Looks like the servo drive issues a command to Oak board for brake release (pin 1) and then the brake is wired to Output 9 NO.

Off topic but while I am at it. I have an issue that i have to address and not made up my mind as to the simplest or best way to approach it. The new servo is 4" shorter then the original. This moves the motor and encoder cable connectors inside the casting instead of just outside. There is not enough room to screw the cable connector onto the motor. Changing the connector does not look possible without taking motor apart. Looks like the panel connector was assembled and then the leads connected on the inside of the motor. Never took one apart but I thought of hard wiring it and silicone the hole up. If I took this option one thing that I heard mention was the encoder is timed? Another option, and probably the best, is build a 4" spacer. Trying to keep a perfect alignment is going to be a challenge. 1- manually mill out of square block of Aluminum, or 2- 130mm square plates welded to both ends of a tube. Any opinions or suggestions?
Attachments
IMG_0817[1].JPG