Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Time to ask for some help, allin one

Post by van37725 »

It's time I asked for some help, Installing an all in one dc on a supermax cnc mill. I have gotten to the part of the installation where you check the motor function and ran into a problem. When prompted to enter into MDI the x axis and z axis motors started and continued to run.I hopped onto the internet and watched several of Martys videos, and changed the polarity of the motor wires. The x axis motor quit doing that "runaway" but it made no difference with the z axis. It will continue to run until the control says motor idling too high, releasing power, or I hit escape or use the e-stop.
Another problem I'm having is that the jog panel comes up but nothing on it works.
I'm sure this is an easy fix but don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any help
Van
Attachments
report_install_log.txt
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
report_0830182030_2018-12-11_14-17-49.zip
(177.83 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes

Re: Time to ask for some help, allin one

Post by tblough »

This usually means that the encoder is reversed regarding the motor rotation. Did you do the encoder test on pg30 of the install manual? If the encoder counts down instead of up, then you need to disassemble the encoder connector and swap the following four wires: A with B and /A with /B. If you bought the motors from Centroid they should have been assembled correctly and you probably have something else wrong. If you are reusing existing motors and encoders, this is probably the reason.
Attachments
Encoder Test.pdf
(138.74 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
van37725

Post by van37725 »

I did the encoder test and all was correct.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Go to the PID Configuration screen (F1/Setup -> F3/Config -> "137" -> F4/PID).

Choose Slow, Incremental, x10 jog mode.

Watch the X axis data on the table in the lower half of the screen, and press an X axis jog key.

Does the "PID Out" value change from "OFF" to a number?
Does the "Error" value increase (maybe by 400 counts) each time you press the same X jog key?
Does the "Abs Pos" value change (maybe by 400 counts) each time you press the same X jog key?
Does the motor spin continuously even when you have stopped pressing the jog key?
If it does spin continuously, does the "Abs Pos" value count up (or down) continuously?
If the motor does spin continuously, do the "Sum" value and the "PID Out" value climb until they reach their limits (e.g. 32000 and 100)?

Press Emergency Stop to stop the motor and release power.
Release Emergency Stop and repeat the tests with the Z axis.

If jogging works fine, and your problem only appears in MDI, then you can call up the MDI prompt from the PID Configuration screen by pressing Alt-M. This will allow you to watch the Abs Pos, Error, and PID Out values while it does whatever it does in MDI.
van37725

Post by van37725 »

I went to the pid config menu, and tried joging in slow 10x inc. mode. No movement of the motors, no changes except the screen flashes.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Interesting. That suggests that the axis is not getting enabled (otherwise the "PID Out" value would change to a number, rather than saying "Off").

Does the PID Out value (or any of the other values) change if you choose Continuous jog mode, and hold the jog key down for several seconds?

If the control is not enabling the axes, then it is probably not getting the jog request from the PLC program, or is choosing to ignore it for some reason.

Do you have the Feedrate Override set to something higher than 0% ?

Are you using a Centroid jog panel, or are you using keyboard jogging?

You appear to have Parameter 148=1 (to disable keyboard jogging), while you have Parameter 170=5 (to allow keyboard jogging and to use the keyboard as the sole source of the feedrate override value).

If you do not have a jog panel and are planning to use the keyboard, change Parameter 148 to 0.
van37725

Post by van37725 »

I'll change the jog pannel settings. It acts like it is not getting the command to energize the motors. In MDI the z axis is energized but there is no power to the x and y
I can't continue with the setup untill this is figured out or the z will just run until it hits the limit switch. All the belts are off at this point for safety.
Motors are SEM 140 volt, 30 amp, I have installed centroid provided encoders on each and they pass the encoder test. I checked the voltage to the z when it's running and it's getting 139.6 volts, the y and x are reading 0.0 volts

Thanks
Van
van37725

Post by van37725 »

I did find that fuse 12 had blown, Checked the drive fuses, they are ok. changed the motor settings to match what I found in one of the technical bullitins
Is there a list of parameter option settings somewhere?

Thanks
Van
van37725

Post by van37725 »

feed rate is set to 100%, I'm using keyboard jogging, I set parameter 148 to 0, as instructed.
I did manage to set home on all axes, The z axis started " runaway" as I was setting home. It will runaway if I enter MDI also. Keyboard jogging is a no go for any axis. There is no current to any motor in the initial screen,( fuses are all ok)

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should start?????

Thanks
Van
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

van37725 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 pm feed rate is set to 100%, I'm using keyboard jogging, I set parameter 148 to 0, as instructed.
I did manage to set home on all axes, The z axis started " runaway" as I was setting home. It will runaway if I enter MDI also. Keyboard jogging is a no go for any axis. There is no current to any motor in the initial screen,( fuses are all ok)

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should start?????

Thanks
Van
Set Z to N and see if you can get X & Y squared away first. Then come back to Z
Did you flip the motor leads on Z again?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ