Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900659
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC12 Allin1DC Active G-Codes Display

Post by MrBob »

Went ahead and upgraded from CNC11 to CNC12 for my AllIn1DC - partly to gain the Virtual Control Panel functionality, but perhaps much more importantly, because the VCP will cover up the ugly blank spot on the RH side of my widescreen monitor ;) . Followed Marty's lead and just started from scratch and reentered parameters by hand - might have taken an hour.

Touchscreen/VCP works great as does pretty much everything else so far. The only issue I'm seeing is with the new "Active G-Codes Display", which seems to be displaying too low on the screen. On the MDI screen it is covering up the letters "BLOCK?" and the first 8 characters of the entry field (see attached pic). Can still enter and execute commands there, just have to take it on faith there are no typos in the first 8 characters (a horribly dicey affair if I'm doing the typing!).

Of course setting Parameter #46 to 2 completely disables the Active G-Codes Display and everything goes back to normal. However, would definitely like to make use of that awesome new function if possible, so am wondering if there may be some work around for this?
Attachments
MDI ACTIVE G-CODES.jpg
Centroid_Tech2
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC12 Allin1DC Active G-Codes Display

Post by Centroid_Tech2 »

Turn on the Mini DRO distance to go display by adding 8 to the value of parameter 143. If it is currently 0 just set it to 8. This will shift MDI to the right.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
MrBob
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900659
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CNC12 Allin1DC Active G-Codes Display

Post by MrBob »

That worked like a charm - all looks beautiful now. Thanks a ton!