Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

allin1 plcadd1616 board location

Post by optimystictech »

I just had a question regarding the mounting location of the plcadd1616 board. Is there a specific location predetermined for the board or is it up to the tech depending on the setup of the components in the allin1 main panel?

Keep calm and wire on! :)
cncsnw

Re: allin1 plcadd1616 board location

Post by cncsnw »

It is up to you as the panel builder to choose the best location.

The foremost consideration should be keeping the wiring well-organized and serviceable.

Give some thought to voltage and noise. For example, when possible I like to keep outputs that are switching 120VAC a little farther away from the input and signal circuits. Thus, if I put the PLCADD1616 to the left of the All-in-one DC, I will orient it with the outputs on the left and the inputs on the right.

In tight cabinets, I have mounted it on the All-in-one DC cover plate, putting the outputs on the right and the inputs on the left. In this case, I route all the input and output wires up to the top edge of the cover plate, so they do not block access to terminals on the left and right side of the All-in-one unit, and so the cover plate can be removed (swung up) without disconnecting everything.

The I/O cable between the All-in-one DC and the PLCADD1616 can be made quite long, and still work reliably. You can order custom-length cables from Centroid. I recently completed a project with the Oak board in one cabinet, and two PLCADD1616 boards in another cabinet, with 20' cables between them.
Attachments
P5110032.JPG
optimystictech
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: allin1 plcadd1616 board location

Post by optimystictech »

Thank you for your ideas and info cncsnw. Will take all into consideration.

Keep calm and wire on! :)