programing axis parameters

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: programing axis parameters

Post by cncsnw »

I would guess you are fighting a chicken-and-egg problem with the standard PLC program logic.

If the AMC drive reports a "fault" condition any time it is inhibited, then the PLC program probably won't let the GPIO4D enable the drive. It will want the drive fault to be "fixed" first.

You will may need to modify the PLC logic (e.g. instead of assuming that INP17 open by itself indicates a fault on the first axis drive, latch the fault only if you see INP17 open *after* the drive has already been enabled for some minimal length of time, and reset the fault when E-stop is pressed even though the input will still be open).

If this is the problem, you should be able to test it by jumpering the fault inputs on the GPIO4D axis headers.
please no smoke

Post by please no smoke »

Which drive are you using?

For my 25A20's I had to invert the enable logic. I am using mach with brains but I am sure your setup is similar. Also the AMC tech guy had me hook the enable to all 3 inhibit wires (general inhibit and one for each direction). Scott didn't have that in his diagram before. I also have a B25A20 and it is different. I actually had to disable my AMC plc brain to and run it.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I'm surprised the AMC rep had you wire the + & - inhibits like that. While you could hook up the enable to the + & - inhibits..... I personally would either jump them out or wire the limit switches to them.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what wiring them to the axis enable accomplishes. Taking the main enable away will disable both directions anyway.
lauyder
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900104
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by lauyder »

Scott where is that software that you wanted me to download, or do you want to do it when your hooked up? everything's ready now
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

Scott could you tell me how to adjust the resolution on the screen? It turned big on me again.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

It's a Windows setting. Go into control panel and, under "Appearance and Personalization", select screen resolution. Set it to 1024 x 768

It's easy but you might want to have your tech guy do it.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

oh :roll: I thought it was a separate setting for just the lathe screen. anyway now that I switched the dipswitches to currant mode, the board wont enable the axis. do I have to change the PID settings back to what they were, or set it up for torque mode?
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

Ok just tested the drives again. they wont move. must have done something to them that wrecked them or something.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

Thank goodness for tech support. A-M-C guy reminded me that inverting the inhibit inverts all the inhibits but the directional inhibits dont cause a fault. that was my problem with the drives. now to get the gpio4d to enable the drives???