lauyder
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900104
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

programing axis parameters

Post by lauyder »

I have a lathe in which I installed a ajax controller gpio4d mpu11 with centroid 11 program. used the motors on the machine and got A-M-C drives. the drives showed they were enabled even when the I/O screen showed they weren't. phoned amc tech support and got the information to invert the inhibit, now the drive fault LED is red, and when I jump the inhibit port to the (is it tach ground or signal ground i don't remember which one now)it turns green, just the way it should. but I can't get the controller to enable the drives. should the fault pin from the drive have a 5v or a 10v signal to the gpio4d board to enable the axis and how can it have power there unless the drive gets enabled first? or don't I have the correct axis enabled in the parameters? I have parameter 300= 9 and 301=10 ( the way it shows in the installation manual) and 308=1 and 309=2. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
diycncscott

Re: programing axis parameters

Post by diycncscott »

The drive fault inputs on H11 through H14 need to be wired to 5,12 or 24VDC.

Please see the GPIO4D installation manual here for wiring and configuration details:
http://www.ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/m ... nc11_winxp

Did you follow the desktop setup in the installation manual without motors, drives and encoders connected?

ie. Set the encoder parameters to 0 (yes you have the correct parameters), disable stall detection,
disable the lube and spindle faults by setting parameter 178 to 0? Did you hard wire the fault inputs,
limit switches, estop?

If so, did the enables, limits and other I/O behave as described?

If you did not follow the desktop installation instructions, please do so. They provide
an easy to follow testing and wiring procedure that will give you a basic understanding
of the various faults, limits and enables that you will need when wiring in your the servo,
and spindle subsystems.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

When I did the benchtop test with everything hardwired with 12v the inputs were lit up, when I pressed m3 the outputs lighted up too. but now with the drives installed I'm trying to get it to enable the drives and it wont. the inputs dont light up. according to the diagram that you showed me http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic ... &hilit=amc, the fault out from the drive goes to the fault in (input 17) of the h14 or #1 axis which is axis z. well there's no power coming from the drive to enable the output 17 which goes to the input 13, which turns the output 13 to closed which would enable the drive. my question is do I have to keep the input 17 permanently jumped to 12v+ to enable the drive? when I connect 12v to the input 17, the enable LED on the board lights up, the LED for input 13 and output 17 in the i/o screen light up, but not the output 13 that would enable the drive. do I have to configure the parameters somehow to make it do that.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Please post a screen shot of your I/O (alt-i from the main screen)

If your encoders are not connected and/or they are not counting correctly, make sure
that stall detection is disabled and that parms 308-315 are set to 0.

If your spindle encoder is not connected or not counting correctly, set parm 35 to 31.

To help isolate the problem, try jumping the fault inputs as shown in the desktop install.
Do the enables come on now?
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

I dont have a problem with the encoders. the DRO shows the distance when I move it by hand. my problem is the h14 and h13 dont enable the drive. when I apply 12v to the input 17 the h14 enable LED turns green. when I go to the I/O screen the output 17 on h14 turns green and the input13 turns green too. but the output 13 doesnt turn green and that is what would enable the Z-axis drive. do I somehow have to configure the board to make the input13 turn on the output13. And by the way I'm past the testing phase. I have it in the cabinet already and hooked up.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

Oh by the way I purchased an hour of phone support. and the number you have listed isnt connected. how do I get a hold of phone support>?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

You can call 814-360-0279
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

never get an answer at that number either. is there a time when i could get someone?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I've been sitting next to it all morning -except for the last half hour :-)

Give me your number and a time to call and I'll call you if you like.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

I can hook the computer up to the net if theres any way you can connect to it and see whats up.
Last edited by lauyder on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.