**RESOLVED** Emergency Won't Reset

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

please no smoke

**RESOLVED** Emergency Won't Reset

Post by please no smoke »

My limits are cleared but the emergency won't clear and the x drive led is off. Also the pluggin config is not setup right, see. Below
This is what comes up
This is what comes up
When this is set like this
When this is set like this
Any ideas?

Thanks
diycncscott

Re: Emergency Won't Reset

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

Make sure that your GPIO4D and MPU11 are powering up simultaneously otherwise the MPU11 won't auto-detect the drive mapping.

Also, you can either put 0's into your drive mapping in the Ajax config or enter them manually as 9, 10, 11 & 12 just as you show the
plug-in detecting them in the first screen shot. Set the encoders to 1, 2, 3 & 4 respectively.

If the drive and/or encoder mapping is entered manually (ie.. numbers are placed in the the "drive number"
and/or "encoder number fields as shown in screenshot #2, the plug-in will NOT overwrite those values with
the auto-detected values.
please no smoke

I want that first screen to show that only drives 1-3 are loading, correct?

I only have a 3 axis mill x, y, z.
please no smoke

What I mean to say is that I want screen shot #1 to mimic what I have in screen shot #2??
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

No.

The gpio4d maps the first axis as "9" the second as "10" and so on... the first screen shot shows
the mapping as our hardware auto-detects it, the second shows the mapping as you manually entered it
into the ajax config screen.

If you are going to manually map the axes, enter "9" for the "drive number" of axis 0, "10" for the "drive number"
of axis 1 and 11 into the "drive number" of axis 2. (grrrr... don't you just love programmers that can't wrap their
heads around using a label that is intuitive to the person actually using the software?)

Now - for the encoders - enter 1 for "Encoder Number" under axis0, 2 for "Encoder Number" under axis1 and
3 for "Encoder Number" under axis2.

Don't forget to save and then cycle estop. Cycling estop is necessary to re-send the setups to the MPU11
after a change is made.
please no smoke

Thanks. I will try it in the Am.

I have another question about power supplies for drives. I have 65vac out of my transformer that gets rectified into 90vdc. I think it's too much and is faulting my AMC drives since when I kill power the fault light goes green as the bleeder resistor bleeds down my cap. Any ideas? Does your rectifier combo regulate??

Thanks
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

No. The rectifier is unregulated. You will need to find a tap on your transformer that gives you closer to 56VAC to get the 80VDC you're looking for.

You may want to try www.antekinc.com for power supplies and/or transformers.