**RESOLVED** TECO FM50 Spindle Inverter Wiring and DC3IOB

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rppman

**RESOLVED** TECO FM50 Spindle Inverter Wiring and DC3IOB

Post by rppman »

I tell ya this board came just in time for me. Hopefully I dont drive everyone crazy with all my inquiries. I purchased a "Teco 50" inverter and of coarse the diagram verbage does not match the Ajax verbage. I was wandering if you guys could translate for me on some of these connections. The first picture is the connections on the Dc310. The second and third picture is from the inverter itself. Thanks in advance.
dc3io_top_view_1000x1756.jpg
dc3io_top_view_1000x1756.jpg (215.69 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
2010-03-22 16.10.35.jpg
2010-03-22 16.10.35.jpg (384.67 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
2010-03-22 16.09.11.jpg
2010-03-22 16.09.11.jpg (389.42 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: spindle inverter and dc310

Post by cnckeith »

sure thing.. the photos of the inverter are a little hard to see, do you have a link to the Teco 50 manual?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
rppman

Re: spindle inverter and dc310

Post by rppman »

diycncscott

Re: TECO FM50 Spindle Inverter Wiring Diagram and DC3IOB

Post by diycncscott »

RPMAN,

This is the wiring diagram for your TECO FM50 inverter. Please make sure you set SW1 to "1" for 0-10VDC and be sure to review the TECO documentation for information on setting the parameters in the TECO.
TECO FM50 Wiring Diagram.gif

Download the full size PDF here:
Teco FM50 Wiring Diagram.pdf
(29.7 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
rppman

Re: TECO FM50 Spindle Inverter Wiring and DC3IOB

Post by rppman »

Wow, wasnt expecting for you to have to make a drawing, but thanks a million!! I would guess that somebody else in the future will need this info also. Thanks again.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Rather than wiring directly from "SPIN RESET COM" to "SPIN EN COM", you should route that wire through an open pole of your emergency stop contactor or relay. This will ensure that the run signal (forward or reverse) gets cut off when you press emergency stop, even if the computer, MPU11, and/or DC3IOB have stopped cooperating for any reason.

Scott: where can I find a DC3IOB manual that documents the internal connection and jumper between OUT14/NO and OUT13/COM?
rppman

TRe: TECO FM50 Spindle Inverter Wiring and DC3IOB

Post by rppman »

Thanks cncsnw for the input. I was just getting on here to ask that question being all the other diagrams I have show that wire going through the e-stop contactor. The jumper you are talking about is J28 between "out14 no" and "out13 com"
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

What Marc points out is correct. In fact, technically, the drawing should also instruct the user to wire the incoming 3 phase through the E stop contactor as well.

I should have mentioned that the drawing was/is for general reference only. It's intent is to show only the bare minimum number of connections needed.

That said, the reason the drawing does not show an interlocked enable or direction bits routed through the Estop contactor is that, more often than not (as judged by the shear number of support requests generated regarding Estop/interlock wiring) end users often don't have the extra poles and/or auxiliary contacts their Estop contactor. -On a seperate but related issue, apparently end user supplied Estop switches rarely have two sets of contacts either :-(
rppman

Post by rppman »

So let me get this right. I should run the "spin EN COM" and the incomming power for the inverter through the e-stop contactor? The incomming line to the inverter is single phase so it would only take up space for two positions. Positive/Neutral or do i just wire positive though it? Either way I have room. The only other wire i have running through the contactor is for the DC power to the DC310B. Thanks for all the input guys. I have done wiring before but nothing like this and I am just tring to avoid a big cloud of smoke and the smell of cash wasted !!! :shock:
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

RPMAN,

I've just added the interlock wiring to the drawing. I did not include the 3 phase interlock through the Estop contactor because this inverter does not have a sep. power input for it's digital functions. That means that if we take the 3 phase off, the inverter goes dark and has to reboot when power is re-applied which can/could be problematic for some inverters.

In practice, physically "taking the enable away" when the estop is pressed will shut the spindle down. In "theory" some people might say that the ONLY way to be SURE the spindle will shut down is to physically remove the 3 phase from the inverter -and they would be right.