**RESOLVED** Can you buy a spare Ajax servo drive ?

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

JC-Hurco

**RESOLVED** Can you buy a spare Ajax servo drive ?

Post by JC-Hurco »

I was thinking about getting the Ajax MPU11 Motion Controller & DC3IO 3 Axis DC Servo Drive & PLC.

My first idea was to use the external Viper drives. That way I can keep a spare drive on the shelf in case one goes out on a weekend, and my machine isn't down waiting for the drive to ship .

Can you replace just (1) Ajax drive or are all (3) contained in a single enclosure.

This will be one of the decisions in which system I run.

Thanks,

JC-Hurco
JC-Hurco

Re: Can you buy a spare Ajax servo drive ?

Post by JC-Hurco »

I guess no one knows????

JC
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

JC,

Yes you can purchase a spare DC3IOB. The cost of a spare drive is $1325.

Ajax Tech
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
JC-Hurco

Post by JC-Hurco »

I meant "Can you buy just the drive itself?

Like on a 3 axis mill. If you are running Geckos or Vipers, and one goes out, you just replace it. This way for $125-$200 you have a spare part on the shelf, should one go out late at night or on the weekend.

JC
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

No. The DC3IOB is a single unit that incorporates three axis drives and a PLC I/O unit in a single unit. It is not modular.

On the one hand, this means you can't change out just one drive, or just the PLC input section, or just the PLC output section, or....

On the other hand, it means you only need one spare part. It also dramatically simplifies your control wiring.