Maint_1
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50391
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Output mapping

Post by Maint_1 »

I have a DC3IO in a M39S mill kit. Can someone tell me what the auxillary output mapping would be? We have an output extension board that uses outputs 37,38,39 and 59. Looking in the Mill manual it shows 4 and 5 requests mapped to 36 and 37. Outputs 37 and 38 came setup fo us with 4 and 5 as the requests for those outputs. Something doesn't add up here or am I looking in the wrong place for the information?

Marcel
cncsnw

Re: Output mapping

Post by cncsnw »

When you refer to the mill manual, I am guessing you mean the table under M94/M95 in Chapter 13. That table lists PLC inputs, not outputs. M94/4, for example, will turn on INP36 in the PLC program.

What, if anything, the PLC program does in response depends entirely on your particular PLC program.

The typical default PLC programs for DC3IO-based M39S and M400S controls use INP36 (request #4) as either a clamp control or a rotary indexer control: the default M10 or the custom M12 turns on request 4, and in response the PLC program turns on OUT30 (the "rotary clamp" relay output on a DC3IO).

The default PLC programs use INP37 (request #5 ) for Mist coolant, which maps to OUT4. The PLC logic for that output is more complex, as it is subject to Manual vs. Auto coolant mode, cancellation on E-stop, etc..

There is no reason to expect that a given M function request (M94/1 through M94/16) is going to turn on a like-numbered physical output. In all cases the PLC program has to make it happen.

The default PLC program I am looking at gives the names "Aux_1Out" through "Aux_4Out" to outputs 36 through 39, but then doesn't do anything with them. Your PLC program may well be different.

Were you hoping to control "auxiliary outputs" using M functions? Using Aux keys on the jog panel? Both?

PM me if you would like to hire custom PLC programming. It might help you get started in the right direction.