**RESOLVED** cnc11 linux no jog

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rigidram

**RESOLVED** cnc11 linux no jog

Post by rigidram »

I have the mpu 11 and dc310b with linux operating system. in the 3.0 mill manual says to change parameter 170 to be set at 1 . F3, f1 control set to keyboard, plc(normal), jog panel req(no) and home switch, all set as per instructions. upon power up mill finds home in all three axis. motors tuned kd adjusted, power feed works etc. the only commands on the (alt J) jog panel that works is the +and - .1 and 10 feed rate. the jog keys dont work as well as cont / incr, fast and slow. My guess is there is a parameter or several not set. tried 3 differnt keyboards usb and ps2 with no effect. Linux boots up to quick to even read how to get into the bios but i dont thing the problem is there, the direction keys work fine when jumping around the parameters screen. Is it a possiblity that the mpu 11 might not be programmed for the pop up jog screen and only for the pendant or mpg. I do plan on buying the pendant but first I will purchase the unlock. any help is appriciated
diycncscott

Re: cnc11 linux no jog

Post by diycncscott »

The bitmap must be displayed for jogging to work.

Press alt-J to display the bitmap, can you jog now?
rigidram

Post by rigidram »

Scott, I just wanted to thank you for all your help and patience on your end. The keyboard mapping and plc work great. First off the OCZ Vertex sshd works great on your servo PC. The control is unbelievable and nothing can touch it in the retrofit catagory. I even had this thing working on a dinosaur tower with windows XP just off the installation cd I recieved with the mpu dc3io kit. I just finished up the turns / inch and the soft limits. this weekend I will be hooking up the inverter which is an X200 hitachi. For anyone considering this control dont hesitate, it takes some patience but scott and the ajax team put together a nice open platform system and alot of time in the plc programing etc. Im not making chips yet but seems pretty down hill from now on. Ill post pics of the completed installation when finished, Dave
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update and kind words!