Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 50007
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

CNC10 Servo3IO spindle not turning on

Post by SEK22Hornet »

Ok - a little background - When i bought his machine a few years ago, it had a problem where once in a while the spindle would just shut down mid program. The Direction control output from the Servo3IO board and the analog speed control voltage would just drop out - no errors - the drives would keep running sometimes breaking the cutter before i could hit something to shut it down - feed stop, tool check or E stop. Restarting the program would reset everything and the machine might run for quite a while before doing it again. It got less and less frequent and i thought the problem may have gone away until today. I go to fire up the mill - it seems to take a while to boot up and I see something I have not seen before - a message telling me the guard is open. There are no guards - no limit switches, etc on this machine. I homed fine and I went to set part 0. I usually spin the spindle at a few hundred rpm when touching off the part 0 - I immediately got a Feed Stop red box, the Feed Stop LED lit up and teh spindle would not turn on manually. Finally got that cleared and tried to run a program to see what would happen - as soon as it gets to M03, it tells me to set the spindle to auto - when I do, I get the Feed Stop red box again. So - at this point I'm trying to see what is causing this - the voltages on the outputs tell me that the inverter is not being told to turn on - direction input both at 5 volts and analog output at 0 volts - speed on the screen reads 0. I ran a report - it is attached to this post.
Attachments
report.zip
(100.52 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Centroid_Tech

Re: CNC10 Servo3IO spindle not turning on

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Looking at the report, the Guard Open message that you are getting is due to the state of input 3. I would check that switch and wiring for that particular input on the SERVO3IO. If there isn’t anything physically wired to that input, I would suggested installing a jumper between that input and COM. I do see that the Guard Open also affects the spindle. See if that resolves the issue with your spindle. If not, remove the single fiber from the SERVO3IO that is connected to the DB9TXS board which is mounted onto your PC. Turn the spindle on and off manually and try changing its direction. Verify that you see light blinking on the fiber when you are doing this. If you do, then it could be an issue with that section of the SERVO3IO.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..