Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: SYS ID - 0831171817 MPU 11 system
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Spindle Brake air, how to setup/operate allin1 <explained>

Post by RandyL »

I am at the point of getting brake working on new installation of allin1.
I have 24vdc solinoids for air supply to little cylinder.
What i have happining so far:
when pc is powered up and allin1 prg loadsup, CNT1 energizes and brake solinoid activates -air pressure to cylinder,- cylinder rod extends.
I am assuming:
Brake is supposed to be on when allin1 is in normal state (machine active but no spindle movement)
When code m3 or m4 is commanded brake is supposed to release (air solenoid deactivates, no pressure to cylinder) so spindle can turn.

I am using a vfd for spindle control power.

Is there a time delay built in so the brake has time to release so the vfd does not fault?

I guess what i am really trying to ask is, how does this system work with allin1 current version? Bridgeport R2E3

R2E3 has air solinoids also for spinle speed up and down. dont plan on using these with vfd control, i have to somehow lock vari drive to mid position.

There are three solinoids for air activation, two for speed control and one for brake.
brake .jpg
brake sol.jpg
brake allin1.jpg
Centroid_Tech

Re: Spindle Brake air, how to setup/operate allin1

Post by Centroid_Tech »

That can be done but the PLC program will need to be modified. You can use output 9 for that. Without a current report from your system I can't verify this but I am assuming that output 9 is programmed to be a Z brake motor. If you can get internet access to the control, please contact Centroid Tech Support with your TeamViewer ID and password so they can log onto your control and modify the PLC program for you fairly quickly. If you wish to do it yourself, you just need to modify your .src file by redefining output 9 from ZBrakeRelease to SpindleBrakeRelease and then replace the following logic

IF (SV_PC_POWER_AXIS_3) THEN (ZBrakeRelease) ;Turns on OUT9 for Z-axis brake

with the logic below

IF !SpindleEnableOut THEN (SpindleBrakeRelease) ;Turns on OUT9 for spindle brake

Save the file making sure to rename your .src file and then recompile it using the attached tech bulletin.
Attachments
173 Compiling PLC Program.pdf
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
RandyL
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: SYS ID - 0831171817 MPU 11 system
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Spindle Brake air, how to setup/operate allin1

Post by RandyL »

Thank you.
Your detailed instructions worked.
Spindle brake now works brake release with m3, m4 comands. m5 = brake activates (spindle stop).