Customer First Impressions

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rppman

Re: Customer First Impressions

Post by rppman »

I have 90vdc motors and I was having a hard time finding a transformer that would output 64 volts ac
Before the bridge and capacitor. So I bought that variable voltage transformer. I have not used it yet but it is rated at 20 amps and I am only using it for my dc motor power so hopefully It will be good enough.
rppman

Post by rppman »

I will admit I am new to all of this and I would consider getting a dedicated step down transformer if I could find one for 64 vac. Or do you think the variable transformer will work fine? I have found some 64 vac transformers but the problem for me is finding one that meets the amp requirements. Thanks for any input. I am very thankful for this board and the people on it!
Lee Lemon

Post by Lee Lemon »

I am using Antek toroidal transformers http://www.antekinc.com/gview.php?d[]=0 . Their range of voltages and is impressive and quite a few of them go up to 1500VA.

On a related note when I was sourcing my components I read in one of the forums that having voltage output roughly 10% higher than the motor was rated at was desirable to ensure that full speed was available. This may or may not be needed in your application, just passing on knowledge.

Cheers.