Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900078
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Mach 3 Fast Jogging

Post by jholland »

Jackson,

It is my understanding that you are running CNC11. Is that correct?

If so, any issues you are having with jogging are not related to this post/topic. Please feel free to post in a separate thread if you are having trouble configuring jogging in CNC11.

If indeed you are running Mach, I have posted a solution withing this topic.

Alex

you are not alone. I get yellow led on screen but no fast jog motion. Slow jog is ok.
Looking forward to meaningful information.

jh
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Don't have an answer to jog issue, hope to have an answer for you on Monday.

I checked with our software guys and in order to toggle between fast jog and slow jog you will need to create a brain to map the shift key to toggle modbus output 377.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
pwborst

Post by pwborst »

i am very inexpreienced with brains and would like to know how to map a keyboard press to an output.

Thank you
diycncscott

Re: "Ref All" Mach 3 Fast Jogging

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Alex

Sorry I missed your email. I sent an email reply along with the username and password.

You can use "Reference All". In Mach select "Operator" -> "Edit button script" -> click on the "Ref All' button when flashing, remove the exisiting code and insert: (copy and paste only the text in bold)

code "M92 P1 Q2 R3"

Which says to move the X, Y & Z axes simultaneously to the positive limits and then home at the index pulse. You can modify the P1 Q2 R3 to suit the direction and axes you wish to home.

You may also want to consider splitting the homing into two commands instead:

Home the Z first to make sure it's clear:
code "m92 P3"
sleep 100
While IsMoving()
sleep 100
Wend
sleep 1000

Then home the X & Y:
code "m92 P1 Q2"

Then save and exit.

I'll look into the fast/slow jog this morning
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Here is a Brain that will enable fast jogging when holding the shift key.

[The extension brn has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Please note that this Brain does not look at the shift key itself but rather the fast jog LED that Mach sets when it sees the shift key is pressed.

Copy this to your c:\mach3\brains directory and then enable the Brain in Mach by selecting "Operator"->"Brain Control"->"Reload All Brains"->
select fast_jog.brn then check the "Enabled" box ->"Reload All Brains"

Done.

NOTE: If you have the Ajax machine control pendant, do not install this Brain. Fast/Slow jog is handled already in the pendant Brains.
pwborst

Post by pwborst »

fast jog still doesn't work for me. in fact the fly-out software mpg on mach (i.e. the window that comes out when you push the "tab" key) has never worked for me. is there something i need to change. i can jog with the arrow keys and the pg up and pg down but not with the software buttons.

Thank you for all youre help
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

I'll look into that. I honestly have never tried jogging with the screen buttons.