Axis X Drive Fault - Mach 3 3rd party

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

achew

Re: Axis X Drive Fault - Mach 3 3rd party

Post by achew »

Hello plduchesne,Did you get your Yaskawa servo motors and drives to work with mach3 third party drives?If so can you post all of the details.
Thank you.
Achew.
jvaldes

Post by jvaldes »

I have the same fault , but I am using AMC drives which provide a low fault. So I have the faults bypassed per document drawing on the GPIO board and set to 12vdc. I only have the voltage out lines and the reference ground, connected between the drives and the GPIO. When viewing the diagnostic screen all LEDs are off on the inputs section, emergency is normally closed. When I choose the RESET button on the left bottom of the screen twice some relays cycle, then output enable x goes red followed by enable y and then z. shortly after that I get the Axis X Drive Fault.

I have checked the items others have checked and made some corrections but the error is still there..

Please help
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

Please always include your system information when posting. From the fact that you mention you have AMC drives, I assume that your are running a GPIO4D.

From the subject line of your post, iIt appears that you running Mach software. There is no X axis drive fault message for GPIO4D in Mach so I think your drive must be mapped incorrectly or that you are powering up the MPU11 & GPIO4D separately. The MPU11 and GPIO4D must be powered simultaneously or the MPU11 will not be able to properly auto-detect the drive type.

Please check the axes mapping in the Ajax plug-in config. For a GPIO4D, they should be 9, 10, 11 & 12. You can confirm that they are mapped correctly by opening you c:\mach3\ajax\ajaxlog.txt file in notepad -scroll to the bottom and you should see:

Drive 01 = None
Drive 02 = None
Drive 03 = None
Drive 04 = None
Drive 05 = None
Drive 06 = None
Drive 07 = None
Drive 08 = None
Drive 09 = GPIO4D (Version 4)
Drive 10 = GPIO4D (Version 4)
Drive 11 = GPIO4D (Version 4)
Drive 12 = GPIO4D (Version 4)

Drive 13 = Legacy DC (Version 0)
Drive 14 = Legacy DC (Version 0)
Drive 15 = Legacy DC (Version 0)
Drive 16 = Legacy DC (Version 0)
jvaldes

Post by jvaldes »

I made the corrections you recommended and solved that problem but now I have a couple more. my system comprises of MACH3 with GPIO4D, AMC drives. Latest version of MACH3 and Ajax Plugin.

This may seem strange but for some reason my x axis encoder does not stay on, you can see it function when I give the axis a move command but it returns to zero when the move is finished and it does not respond to movements imposed manually (as if it is off). All other encoders work fine and respond at all times, I replaced the encoder with a different one, it worked for about 5 minutes and then the same symptom came back. Could this be a voltage problem? Why not the others? This axis fails with Full Power without movement error. I also tried moving to another encoder input connector in case I had a MPU11 board problem. The same result came from using encoder input 5 instead of 1 for x-axis.

My second problem is that all 3 axis produce a axis following error when I jog above 30 inches per minute. I have attempted the motor tuning and the inputs appear unresponsive for the most part. I am using a 1000 line encoder with a 40 revs to 1 inch movement. My math 1000*4pulses per line*40revs per inch =160000 pulses per inch. Am I overwhelming the system with pulses? At 30 inches per minute that's 80000 pulses second. Is that a problem. What should I tweak to resolve this? Due to the limited movements I can make I don't get tuning plots like the examples.At most I can move .1 inch without producing a failure.

Thanks

Juan
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Have you configured the AMC drives? My experience with AMC drives has been that
if you adjust the pots on the drives the way the AMC docs suggests to set them initially,
everything works from there.

Are your drives setup in torque or velocity mode?

If velocity, what feedback is going to the drive from the motor?