SV stall error

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: SV stall error

Post by cncsnw »

Okay. If you use a minus jog key instead, do they run away CCW, and count positive? Or do they still run away CW, with negative counts?

Do you have direction reversal ("Dir Rev") set to Y on any (or all) of the axes?

If you reverse the motor power leads, do the motors still run away (but in the opposite direction and with opposite encoder counts), and does the message on the screen still say "410 _ axis(_) position error"?

Can you post a Report?

My guess is that you either have shorted FETs on the servo drive (a hardware problem, potentially caused by high voltage), or you have completely off-the-wall PID values (e.g. values suitable for velocity-mode or position-mode control, rather than torque-mode control).
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Sam,
You have Marc's ear, listen to him. Follow his direction carefully, answer his questions. He knows his business with Centroid controls.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Samandkimberly
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Samandkimberly »

If I use minus, yes, the drives run away/encoders count in the other direction.

I do not *think* I have direction reversal set anywhere.

Reversing the motor power leads does something interesting: when I hit jog in either direction the motor locks, with no errors. It is servoing around a little bit, but it remains locked, until I press the estop. I tried this with both x and y and both acted the same.

Latest report here. This was made about an hour ago, before I tried reversing the motor leads:
report_0402181935_2019-01-08_20-14-56.zip
(114.82 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Thanks,

Sam
martyscncgarage

Samandkimberly wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:34 pm If I use minus, yes, the drives run away/encoders count in the other direction.

I do not *think* I have direction reversal set anywhere.

Reversing the motor power leads does something interesting: when I hit jog in either direction the motor locks, with no errors. It is servoing around a little bit, but it remains locked, until I press the estop. I tried this with both x and y and both acted the same.

Latest report here. This was made about an hour ago, before I tried reversing the motor leads:

report_0402181935_2019-01-08_20-14-56.zip

Thanks,

Sam

The motors are SUPPOSED to lock and hold. You call it "servoing" its called dithering. Its moving between two encoder marks trying to hold position...
All three motors should hold until you command a move. Do as Marc said in the previous post now...
Mesa, AZ
Samandkimberly

Post by Samandkimberly »

@ Marty - to the best of my intent, I attempted to do and document *exactly* what Marc requested. Did I miss something?
martyscncgarage

Samandkimberly wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 am @ Marty - to the best of my intent, I attempted to do and document *exactly* what Marc requested. Did I miss something?
Did you do as Marc suggested after your motors were holding (After you reversed the motor leads?)
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Okay, once the servos are enabled and holding position, can you jog them, either in Continuous mode or in Incremental mode?

If you do not switch to continuous mode, then when you press a jog button, the motor is going to move the equivalent of 0.0001" or maybe 0.0010", then stop. If you switch to continuous mode, then the motor should continue to move, at a controlled rate, as long as you hold the jog button down.
Samandkimberly

Post by Samandkimberly »

martyscncgarage wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:47 pm Did you do as Marc suggested after your motors were holding (After you reversed the motor leads?)
Yes, I did, and reported that they were locked up. At the time I didnt understand the way Centroid toggles between inc and continuous mode - I was expecting a continuous response. You were on the right track; thanks.
Samandkimberly

Post by Samandkimberly »

cncsnw wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm Okay, once the servos are enabled and holding position, can you jog them, either in Continuous mode or in Incremental mode?

If you do not switch to continuous mode.
I didnt understand this detail. And the result....is IT WORKS! I swapped the wires on the Z axis (the DC wires on all three motors are now reversed), and I now have 3 perfectly working axes, ready for tuning, then connecting up....finally.

Marc, and everyone else - I really appreciate your help. I suspected this was something simple. I don’t know how long this might have taken to solve without your experienced perspective.
martyscncgarage

Samandkimberly wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 pm
cncsnw wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm Okay, once the servos are enabled and holding position, can you jog them, either in Continuous mode or in Incremental mode?

If you do not switch to continuous mode.
I didnt understand this detail. And the result....is IT WORKS! I swapped the wires on the Z axis (the DC wires on all three motors are now reversed), and I now have 3 perfectly working axes, ready for tuning, then connecting up....finally.

Marc, and everyone else - I really appreciate your help. I suspected this was something simple. I don’t know how long this might have taken to solve without your experienced perspective.
Glad you got it going Sam.
The next challenge will be to make sure the motors are turning in the proper direction for your machine.
You then need to tune the servos once you completely have the machine configured per the AIO DC Installation manual.

Marty
Mesa, AZ