All in 1 DC/Bridgeport retrofit question

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Eric Barnett
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: BGJBGGABJ (1011110304)
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: All in 1 DC/Bridgeport retrofit question

Post by Eric Barnett »

Thanks for the response.

I checked the fuse and sure enough it was blown on the Z Axis. I don't have another one but I swapped the one from the Y axis to see what happens and sure enough, I get movement on the Z axis now....but, when I hit the jog button the z axis continues moving until it hits a limit.

Any info for me on what I can do about that? Also, do I need to add a home switch to the z axis so it has a place to park without hitting thactual limit?

Thanks again, for the help, i didn't think I was going to get anywhere on this thing this weekend at all.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I get movement on the Z axis now....but, when I hit the jog button the z axis continues moving until it hits a limit.
Does it move at a controlled jog speed (e.g. about 25 in/min if you have Slow mode selected)? Or does it move at maximum possible speed regardless of the selected jog speed?

What message appears after this happens?

Are you using a jog pendant or the PC keyboard?

What does it do if you select INCRemental jog mode instead of CONTinuous jog mode?

If it runs away at full speed regardless of your fast/slow or incremental/continuous selection, then you have a wiring problem: either the motor polarity is backwards, or the encoder feedback is going to the wrong input. In that case I would expect an error message like "410 Z axis (3) position error" or "411 Z axis (3) full power w/o motion".

If it respects the fast/slow selection, and only moves one increment in incremental mode, then your jog key is somehow sticking. In that case I would expect messages like "moving...", "stopped", and perhaps "407 Z+ limit (#6) tripped" or "407 Z- limit (#5) tripped" after it gets to the limit.
Eric Barnett
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: BGJBGGABJ (1011110304)
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Eric Barnett »

I still had the y and z axes encoder wires swapped from testing, so that fixed that problem when I straightened them out. Thanks!

I'll have to track down a fuse today but I think I'm getting real close to being able to finish the machine set up on this, maybe that will take care of this last problem:

Sometimes, but not all the time I can't move in all directions. Just now I could move in x+, but not X-. The first thing I did was check the limit switches. I am not on one. The second thing I did is pullup the status of the inputs with CTRL I. all six of the top left ones are green. It still will not move in that direction. Then after messing with it but without changing anything, it starts moving again. Is this a set up issue?