CNC Control System Serial Number: 20599
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

SOFTWARE CONTROL M400

Post by leoflorezfcv »

Buenas amigos, les saludo desde Venezuela, espero estén bien.-

Les escribo para solicitarles ayuda con uno de sus equipos CENTROID CNC MODELO M400S, acabo de comprar una Máquina Fresadora CNC Grizzly G0499 (usada), la cual posee una CONSOLA DE CONTROL M400, pero en la CONSOLA observe varios detalles, primero no posee el FLASH DISK o DISCO DURO, y sin esta pieza fundamental la CONSOLA DE CONTROL NO ARRANCA, también en la TARJETA LÓGICA por la cual se mueven los servos para los 3 EJES, vi que no tiene cables y unos SLOTS o PUERTOS SIN CABLEADO, tampoco tiene accesorios como el JOYSTICK MANUAL, que se conecta en un puerto exterior Circular de 28 pines.

Entonces con todo lo antes dicho, quisiera saber de qué manera pueden ayudarme, en el caso del Flash Disk o Disco duro, ustedes me harían llegar el Flash Disk o Disco Duro en físico o me podrán enviar un enlace de descarga y así yo bajaría e instalaría el software en un Disco Duro?

Con respecto a los cables de la tarjeta de mando de los Servos sería cotización y manual de instalación para realizar conexiones e instalación.

Les adjunto una serie de fotos de la máquina con las cuales espero puedan entender y atender mi solicitud.

muchas gracias por su atención.

Leoflorezfcv@gmail.com
Attachments
TARJETA CONTROL BOTONES PANTALLA.jpg
IMG-20210517-WA0003.jpg
CONTROL BOTONES PANTALLA.jpg
20210514_122953.jpg
20210514_122444.jpg
20210505_132000.jpg
20210505_131639.jpg
20210505_131634.jpg
carbuthn
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: SOFTWARE CONTROL M400

Post by carbuthn »

I translated to English so I could read it:
Good friends, I greet you from Venezuela, I hope you are well.-

I write to ask you for help with one of your CENTROID CNC MODEL M400S equipment, I have just bought a Grizzly G0499 CNC Milling Machine (used), which has an M400 CONTROL CONSOLE, but in the CONSOLE observe several details, first do not own the FLASH DISK or HARD DISC, and without this fundamental piece the CONTROL CONSOLE DOES NOT START, also in the LOGIC CARD by which the servos are moved for the 3 AXES , I saw that it has no cables and some SLOTS or PORTS WITHOUT CABLING, nor does it have accessories like the MANUAL JOYSTICK, which connects on a circular 28-pin outdoor port.

So with all the above, I would like to know how you can help me, in the case of Flash Disk or Hard Drive, you would send me the Flash Disk or Hard Disk on physical or can you send me a download link and so I would download and install the software on a Hard Drive?

With respect to the cables of the Servos control card it would be quoted and manual installation to make connections and installation.

I attach a series of photos of the machine with which I hope you can understand and attend to my request.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Leoflorezfcv@gmail.com
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

I have asked Centroid support to look up the serial number and post information here.
Give them some time.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
AcornJosh

Post by AcornJosh »

System Serial Number : 20599

Model Number: M400s/bl

Ship Date : 2006-05-16

SPC Model : p4mam-v1.8

CNC Soft. Version : 2.61b8

Intercon Version : 2.61b8

Flash Card/SSHD :

CNC PLC File : gain3c

PC PLC File : gain3p

Schematic :

Absolute minimum hardware requirements for the latest CNC10 software:

1 GHZ processor
512 MB RAM

Recommended hardware for the latest CNC10 software:

2 GHZ processor
1 GB RAM

The latest released CENTROID CNC10 Software Version is: CNC10 v2.70

Important: Please read the following before proceeding with any software updates:
There is no direct upgrade path from v2.38 and earlier software versions. It is still a simple matter to install 2.70 on a control, however a new flash card will be required. This process is explained in full detail in TB213 which you should read before upgrading from v2.38 and earlier software to 2.6x+ versions.

To facilitate upgrading to 2.6x+ software, helper scripts have been written which automatically back up and restore the system files, G code and intercon using a USB thumb drive. These helper scripts are referenced and explained in greater detail in TB213. Download them here.

In order to use the 2.70 USB all-in-one update file below to update a control, the control MUST have the CNC Linux 2.61 or newer version operating system installed. If not, you will need to use the ISO image below to create a new flash card first. To verify that you have the CNC Linux 2.61 or newer operating system press ALT-F6 on the control. A Linux prompt window will pop up which will have your operating system version at the top. If the control does not have 2.61 or newer CNC Linux, you will need to do a report file and build a new flash card using the ISO Image below.

CNC10 CNC Software Update: Use with USB drive.

MILL AND LATHE:
Download the: CNC10 "all in one" USB update below to your desktop then upzip the file to a USB drive. (Note: When you unzip this file to the USB drive, the drive will contain .ZIP files. Do not unzip these files. Note also that the path/folder on your USB drive that you unzip to must not contain spaces.) Now you are ready to update the CNC10 software with the USB drive.
CNC10 v2.70 USB All-In-One Update

CNC10 v2.70 ISO image, use when updating from 2.38 and earlier.
Build a new CENTROID CNC Flash Card Hard Drive with your Desktop or Laptop PC with this ISO image..
CNC10 v2.70 ISO image
Use this ISO image to create a new CENTROID harddrive/flash card using your desktop or laptop PC: Download the ISO file and burn to CD, with a new Flash card installed in your PC's reader, Boot from CD and Follow the instructions to create new Flash Card HD for the control. Note:DO NOT use on an existing system. Note: If you are installing Windows CNC10 software (only Windows XP is supported at this time), you must make a backup of your configuration.

CENTROID CNC Linux Software Archive

IMPORTANT: Whenever possible, CENTROID strongly recommends running the latest software versions. Before attempting to update control software, you should read and understand the information presented in Tech Bulletin #217 - CNC10 software upgrade pathways, and if applicable Tech Bulletin #213 - Upgrading to v2.6x.

In brief:
Throughout this page the term CNC Linux refers to the control operating system. CNC10 refers to the Control Software. CNC Linux (the operating system), must be updated incrementally. CNC10 (the control software), does not need to be updated incrementally.

For example:
If your control is currently running CNC10 1.11 and CNC Linux 1.11, to update to version 1.20, you must update the CNC Linux to 1.15 and then to 1.20. Now you may update the CNC 10 software, which can jump directly to the desired version.

2.70- ISO https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 10v270.iso

Centroid can build a replacement hard drive, reader, and cable for $425.
Original report on file. That is all that we have. You will need to do the setup again.
Attachments
report.zip
(35.71 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
report.txt
(14.81 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
AcornJosh

Post by AcornJosh »

With the age and difficulty in getting this old system running, you might consider purchasing an Allin1DC and just upgrading the system. The existing control panel can be reused if you replace the logic board on the back ($146), you can even use the original screen and M400 enclosure if you replace the PC.
martyscncgarage

AcornJosh wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:36 pm With the age and difficulty in getting this old system running, you might consider purchasing an Allin1DC and just upgrading the system. The existing control panel can be reused if you replace the logic board on the back ($146), you can even use the original screen and M400 enclosure if you replace the PC.
And replace the JOG Panel PC correct Josh?

Thanks for the prompt response!
Marty
Mesa, AZ
AcornJosh

Post by AcornJosh »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:45 pm
AcornJosh wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:36 pm With the age and difficulty in getting this old system running, you might consider purchasing an Allin1DC and just upgrading the system. The existing control panel can be reused if you replace the logic board on the back ($146), you can even use the original screen and M400 enclosure if you replace the PC.

Marty
That is this:
logic board on the back ($146)
martyscncgarage

AcornJosh wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:40 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Marty
That is this:
logic board on the back ($146)
Missed that. Thanks Josh.
Mesa, AZ
leoflorezfcv
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by leoflorezfcv »

AcornJosh wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:31 pm System Serial Number : 20599

Model Number: M400s/bl

Ship Date : 2006-05-16

SPC Model : p4mam-v1.8

CNC Soft. Version : 2.61b8

Intercon Version : 2.61b8

Flash Card/SSHD :

CNC PLC File : gain3c

PC PLC File : gain3p

Schematic :

Absolute minimum hardware requirements for the latest CNC10 software:

1 GHZ processor
512 MB RAM

Recommended hardware for the latest CNC10 software:

2 GHZ processor
1 GB RAM

The latest released CENTROID CNC10 Software Version is: CNC10 v2.70

Important: Please read the following before proceeding with any software updates:
There is no direct upgrade path from v2.38 and earlier software versions. It is still a simple matter to install 2.70 on a control, however a new flash card will be required. This process is explained in full detail in TB213 which you should read before upgrading from v2.38 and earlier software to 2.6x+ versions.

To facilitate upgrading to 2.6x+ software, helper scripts have been written which automatically back up and restore the system files, G code and intercon using a USB thumb drive. These helper scripts are referenced and explained in greater detail in TB213. Download them here.

In order to use the 2.70 USB all-in-one update file below to update a control, the control MUST have the CNC Linux 2.61 or newer version operating system installed. If not, you will need to use the ISO image below to create a new flash card first. To verify that you have the CNC Linux 2.61 or newer operating system press ALT-F6 on the control. A Linux prompt window will pop up which will have your operating system version at the top. If the control does not have 2.61 or newer CNC Linux, you will need to do a report file and build a new flash card using the ISO Image below.

CNC10 CNC Software Update: Use with USB drive.

MILL AND LATHE:
Download the: CNC10 "all in one" USB update below to your desktop then upzip the file to a USB drive. (Note: When you unzip this file to the USB drive, the drive will contain .ZIP files. Do not unzip these files. Note also that the path/folder on your USB drive that you unzip to must not contain spaces.) Now you are ready to update the CNC10 software with the USB drive.
CNC10 v2.70 USB All-In-One Update

CNC10 v2.70 ISO image, use when updating from 2.38 and earlier.
Build a new CENTROID CNC Flash Card Hard Drive with your Desktop or Laptop PC with this ISO image..
CNC10 v2.70 ISO image
Use this ISO image to create a new CENTROID harddrive/flash card using your desktop or laptop PC: Download the ISO file and burn to CD, with a new Flash card installed in your PC's reader, Boot from CD and Follow the instructions to create new Flash Card HD for the control. Note:DO NOT use on an existing system. Note: If you are installing Windows CNC10 software (only Windows XP is supported at this time), you must make a backup of your configuration.

CENTROID CNC Linux Software Archive

IMPORTANT: Whenever possible, CENTROID strongly recommends running the latest software versions. Before attempting to update control software, you should read and understand the information presented in Tech Bulletin #217 - CNC10 software upgrade pathways, and if applicable Tech Bulletin #213 - Upgrading to v2.6x.

In brief:
Throughout this page the term CNC Linux refers to the control operating system. CNC10 refers to the Control Software. CNC Linux (the operating system), must be updated incrementally. CNC10 (the control software), does not need to be updated incrementally.

For example:
If your control is currently running CNC10 1.11 and CNC Linux 1.11, to update to version 1.20, you must update the CNC Linux to 1.15 and then to 1.20. Now you may update the CNC 10 software, which can jump directly to the desired version.

2.70- ISO https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 10v270.iso

Centroid can build a replacement hard drive, reader, and cable for $425.
Original report on file. That is all that we have. You will need to do the setup again.
Hello friend, I am trying to install CNCLINUX 2.7, but I can't, it doesn't give me the installation menu when I start the PC, from what I understand I must have a previous version installed in order to install it. that previous version could you please send it to me? The iso to be able to download and install it, the original flash disk that the machine brings, I removed it and installed a HARD DISK and I am doing all the installation from scratch. from the beginning, but I need the software to be able to install it. Please I hope you can help me, I really need to be able to install and put the machine to work.

Hola amigo, estoy intenando instalar el CNCLINUX 2.7, pero no puedo, no me da el menu de instalacion cuando arranco la PC, por lo que te entiendo debo tener instalado una version anterior para poder istalarla. esa version anterior podrias por favor enviarmela? el iso para poder descargarlo e instalarlo, el flash disk original que trae la maquina, lo quite y le instale un HARD DISK y estoy haciendo toda la instalacion desde cero. desde inicio, pero necesito los software para poder instalarlo. por favor espero puedan ayudarme, necesito mucho poder instalar y poner a trabajar la maquina.
leoflorezfcv
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by leoflorezfcv »

Hello friend, I am trying to install CNCLINUX 2.7, but I can't, it doesn't give me the installation menu when I start the PC, from what I understand I must have a previous version installed in order to install it. that previous version could you please send it to me? The iso to be able to download and install it, the original flash disk that the machine brings, I removed it and installed a HARD DISK and I am doing all the installation from scratch. from the beginning, but I need the software to be able to install it. Please I hope you can help me, I really need to be able to install and put the machine to work.