Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Unknown cause of axis drive fault

Post by 610Garage »

AcornJosh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:28 pm Your current issue is definitely related to the counts per revolution.

The drive and control need to match. On the drive you are able to set the encoder counts per rev coming back as well as the expected Quadrature counts coming from the OAK. You need to make sure these match since CNC12 expects Quadrature Counts Out = Encoder counts back.

Follow the tech bulletins the best you can to get started. It confusing with so many different options and models on these drives. I have better luck figure it out experimentally on some of these older drives. If you turn the motor shaft by hand and watch the PID menu, you can tell how many counts are coming back.

Setting the turn ratio to one turn per inch also helps you understand if commanding a 1 inch move moves the shaft one turn or some ratio of that. From here, you can double or halve the ratio in the yaskawa parameters to get it to match the OAK. Once you get it matching, the system should run without position errors.
I would think since the tech bulletin specifies sigmaii, that it would be correct. But I'm an new too this, so I guess there are more versions then I would have thought. And I totally get what your saying with experimenting. I'm just not sure how centriod interacts with the drives in this mode. From my understanding, the drive is looking at linear movement commands, not necessarily degree rotation commands. But I could have that all backwoods. And the gear ratio setting had, well, has me totally confused. :D
610Garage
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by 610Garage »

Ok, I figured out the problem with Z. Well, that's not true, but I got it working, sortof. The drive seemed to be receiving data from centroid, so I flopped the cables around and it kinda worked. I could move down where before I couldn't move anywhere. Maybe the connector wasn't fully seated in, or there is something wrong with the cable. NOt sure which as all 3 axis now work fine.

Except for X up. THe limit switch is being registered as tripped even though it's not. I'll have to dig deeper into this problem as I am almost positive I checked all the switches before I installed them. Either way, this problem has zero relation to original topic. :lol:

Thanks cncsnw and AcornJosh for your help. It was much appreciated.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

610Garage wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:48 pm
cncsnw wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 am Try changing Pn202 from 4 to 2. I think TB295 was written with SGMGH motors and 17-bit encoders in mind.
Ok, that worked for x and y. Took me a minute to figure out why it worked, but it worked. Math is hard. Lol Z still does nothing. I'm wondering if it is waiting for a brake release signal. Not sure if the drive is aware of the brake or not.
Your brake should be wired through Output 9 I believe.
The control needs to control when the brake is released.
Is that how you have the brake wired?
Could you please post a fresh report....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
610Garage
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by 610Garage »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am
610Garage wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:48 pm
cncsnw wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 am Try changing Pn202 from 4 to 2. I think TB295 was written with SGMGH motors and 17-bit encoders in mind.
Ok, that worked for x and y. Took me a minute to figure out why it worked, but it worked. Math is hard. Lol Z still does nothing. I'm wondering if it is waiting for a brake release signal. Not sure if the drive is aware of the brake or not.
Your brake should be wired through Output 9 I believe.
The control needs to control when the brake is released.
Is that how you have the brake wired?
Could you please post a fresh report....
Yes, that is how I have the z brake wired. I was thinking maybe the driver needed to know if the brake was released or not, just thinking out loud. It doesn't. :lol: The problem seemed to be two fold. Z drive was receiving commands, but didn't seem to be acting on them. I swapped com cables with Y and it worked. Not sure why that happened. Maybe a poor connection. Or the used drive is failing. Hopefully not.

The second issue was my upper limit switch failed. The wire got yanked out of the switch. I fixed that and made sure it wouldn't happen again, hopefully. :D So everything is good as far as axis drives. I'm trying to get the spindle going right now. :)
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

👍👍