countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

TB1 Gnd -vs- TB1 PS1 Common 0 ohms

Post by countryguy »

I know it's probably nothing but I just want to make sure. Sorry for all the nit Q's - But man this is really a fun and cool project for the Kid and I to NOT blow up for once.

I mounted PS1 onto the back of the DC-AIO plate. Ground is Neutral bonded on my property. Your PS1 has a spot for both Common and Ground connections which I have competed per the print.

If I ohm accross TB1 GND and TB1 Ps1 Common, They are a direct short. I just wanted to make sure that was expected? Or Not expected. :?:
cncsnw

Re: TB1 Gnd -vs- TB1 PS1 Common 0 ohms

Post by cncsnw »

I am pretty sure the MPU11 -- and by extension, the All-in-one DC -- internally connect their 5VDC common to their chassis ground.

If I recall correctly, when I asked the same question, I was told it was a requirement of the Ethernet interface.

If you disconnect the PS1 DC output from the All-in-one DC, is your continuity to ground (and thence to your AC neutral) broken?
countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: TB1 Gnd -vs- TB1 PS1 Common 0 ohms

Post by countryguy »

Hi folks,
Happy to report all principle wiring is done!!!! Yahoo.
Update on this item: On the 0 ohms between TB1 GND and COMMON. I unplugged H1 from Ps1 - and checked OHMS between the H1 COMMONs pins and DC-AIO/Chaissis. They are a direct short. Check #2- With PS1 still unplugged and mounted; Ohm check on PS1 COMMON to Chassis/DC-AIO is an Open. It of course shorts out as soon as you plug into H1.

I assume we expect that? I did unplug the Shield to chassis ground for the Motor Encoder signal DB9 inputs thinking that may be a path to my GND/Chassis internally? Did not matter. Still 0 ohms. Just putting it out there. DC grounds and chassis ground w/ AC Neutral bonded and all- Just checking in. Ground loop and developed stray currents and all... . I43t's been nearly 25+ years since my fundamentals and AC/DC power supply college classes. Man, the big 50 tomorrow. I'm getting old suddenly in this post. Outta here. CG. :mrgreen: