Dlab77@aol.com
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900357
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

452 PC Receive Data Error

Post by Dlab77@aol.com »

My Allin1CNC was behaving a little strangely right before I received this error message while trying to run a .txt program. The strangeness was that there was a time delay between when I pushed a command button like "Tool Check" and when the spindle retracted. There was also a time delay between pressing of cycle start button and when a program would start. There was also a time delay from when I pushed F10 to set each axis to zero. None of this was not happening yesterday. At least the .txt and Intercon programs were running until I got the 452 PC Receive Data Error. Now I can't even jog the axes let alone run a program.

I set up the machine as directed in the instructions about a year ago, and it had been working well until now. I have not changed anything except I did accept a "Windows Update" request after I shut down the computer and restarted it to try to get rid of the 452 PC Receive Data Error. I can't remember setting the computer up without Windows Updates. If this is the problem how do I reverse it? All my cables are shielded. My ethenet cable is CAT 6. My computer power supply and Allin1CNC share a dedicated transformer and active surge suppressor with EMI filter to supply 120 VAC.

Dave
BrentLidgard
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 452 PC Receive Data Error

Post by BrentLidgard »

The only time I get this error is when the CPU maxes out. Usually caused by other programs tieing up CPU usage .
Dlab77@aol.com
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900357
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: 452 PC Receive Data Error

Post by Dlab77@aol.com »

Brent

I only run the CNC program on this computer. I saw another post that suggested a whole list of settings including eliminating "sleep" and "hibernate" modes. I redid all the settings except for the Internet part, because I can't get internet in my shop. I shut the whole thing down. The next day the program started right up and worked with all the problems gone. However, I have had problems with this program getting wierd on me in the past. Shutting down and letting it "rest" overnight worked then. Because I leave the computer on all the time I really want the monitor to go off and the computer to go to sleep when I am not using it. I put these back in, and it is still working fine. I guess the computer/program just needed a "rest".

Dave