boysandjeep
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100534
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Appendix A & B of ALLIN1DC Installation Manual

Post by boysandjeep »

I've searched all over the forum and cnczone and have been unable the find the servo tuning portion of the manaul. The Table of contents for the Manual shows an Appendix A Troubleshooting and an Appendix B Servo Motor Tuning. i checked the CD that came with my set up and the Ajzx site and none of them seem to have that portion of the manual. I've found TB 44 & 45 but they really don't explain the use of the O scope output on the machine. I have trouble calling Ajax during the day so I spend a lot of time on line trying to figure thhings out. I recently had to replace a motor and it seemed to work fine for a while but some at very fast moves it would start to oscilllate. So I want to try tuning that axis. any and all help is appreciated.
AMDlloydsp
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770

Re: Appendix A & B of ALLIN1DC Installation Manual

Post by AMDlloydsp »

That info is in the V3.10 Mill Operator's Manual.

Lloyd
boysandjeep
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100534

Post by boysandjeep »

Thanks Llyod,
I did review the section of the Operators manual regarding the PID function, pgs 14.42-44 but I was hoping there was something a little more descriptive. I did not find much on troubleshooting either. I searched the document for "troubleshooting" and the word only occurs once on pg 7-3. I just thought there might be more I was missing.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

There is a mystical "technician's troubleshooting and software disc" that I've heard of that has schematics, program listings, flow diagrams, troubleshooting step charts.... the whole works!!! But I haven't yet seen one.

Liviu could send us each one, couldn't you, Liviu?

Lloyd
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The install manuals, operators manuals, and schematics are all included on the CD that ships out with every order (as well as on the Ajax website). We are currently in the process of updating the install manuals to make them more user friendly, especially in regards to tuning. In the mean-time if you run into any issues please contact our tech support at 814-353-9256 ext 4. Along with a Teamviewer connection to the machine they can do remote support making the tuning process a snap.Tech support sessions can be scheduled in advance if hours outside of normal business are needed.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
rderkis
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900325

Post by rderkis »

I don't know if I have a problem yet with auto tune. I ran it once and all went vary well.
Next I called team viewer support to help me set up machine. All went well. (I remember they asked about the brand of servos I was using???)

Then I made changes to revs/inch. Doubling the values for x and y axis. Now i get a stall error on both X and Y axis. I figured no problem, just run auto tune again with new settings. But lo and behold - NO auto tune menu option. Did they disable the menu option while they were using team viewer or I is it that I just can't find it? I will finish playing with revs/inch today, then get serious about finding auto tune again, but I have a feeling I will have to call tech support to find out how to re-enable the auto tune menu option.
t
Well I finished setting up the revs/inch and started looking for the auto tune menu option. It was right where it should have been, I just looked over it before. :-)
Last edited by rderkis on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Then I made changes to revs/inch. Doubling the values for x and y axis. Now i get a stall error on both X and Y axis. I figured no problem, just run auto tune again with new settings. But lo and behold - NO auto tune menu option.
----------
I cannot find it right after a quick look, but I'm betting there's a parameter flag that is set once the tuning is done. Likely, un-setting it will allow it again.

Lloyd
rderkis

Post by rderkis »

I doubt that auto tune would disable the menu, but no mater how unlikely that is, it is possible.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

I doubt that auto tune would disable the menu, but no mater how unlikely that is, it is possible.
-------
Really? It's an installation-only function. It NEVER changes on a given machine. It protects the machine and the work when right, and WILL cause damage to one or the other if wrong. It should be done to protect the user and machine against 'dumb thumbs'.

If not for that reason, (and I do not know that they did this, but) why not remove it from the menus once done, if only to reduce the clutter for the operator? A lot of softs I use trim the menus down to a cleaner version once all the one-time-only stuff is done.

You'll also have to help me out on what is the utility of the program you've written. You mentioned "really useful", but it only does a simple two-factor multiplication/division per axis. Is this an off-machine accessory, just to help prevent keyboarding errors, or are you intending this to be run as a plug-in?

(I vote 'no' for adding new, trivial plugins; at least on my machine.)

Lloyd
rderkis

Post by rderkis »

I would really like to hear your comments on the program I wrote BUT only after you have at least looked at it least once, Just about any comments before looking at it are.......