Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900187
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

*** RESOLVED *** Final test for set up

Post by midohio »

Having problem with final set up & test program
Every thing seems to be homing out correctly-but the jog button for Y is backwards in motion when jogging.
When I first started up machine a program named testcnc was in job name line at the top of screen, but it did not seem to have a program attached to it when I ran it.
I then loaded a program named systest.cnc ???
When I run this program it faults out - it says no data file open & feed goes to 0 in red.
I think I may have the wrong program???
I did find a file as proscribed by the forum named systest.out, but I could not open it.
Any help for me??
Thanks-midohio :?
cncsnw

Re: Final test for set up

Post by cncsnw »

Every thing seems to be homing out correctly-but the jog button for Y is backwards in motion when jogging.
When you press the upward-pointing arrow key, do the numbers on the DRO count positive, or negative?

Remember that the jogging direction indicates tool movement over the part, not movement of the mill table or saddle.

If the Y axis DRO position counts positive when you press the upward-pointing arrow, then jogging is correct but you may need to review your direction reversal settings.

If the Y axis DRO position counts negative when you press the upward-pointing arrow, then there is a problem with your PLC programming. That would be odd: the only similar PLC bug I have seen affected the X axis when using keyboard jogging.
I then loaded a program named systest.cnc ???
When I run this program it faults out - it says no data file open & feed goes to 0 in red.
I think I may have the wrong program???
The System Test feature (which calls on systest.cnc) should normally be initiated from the Configuration menu: F1/Setup -> F3/Config -> F5/Test. If that still fails, check to see if you have an existing systest.out file that is flagged as read-only, or is open in another program (e.g. you are looking at it in Notepad when you try to run a new system test). Try deleting any existing systest.out file before running the test.
midohio

Post by midohio »

Thank You for your response,

I have reconfigured X & Y servos- not completely sure/ seems as though it is backwards to other cnc vertical mills.
I now have the X homing out on the X- limit switch- moving to the left hand direction as the picture shows when homing.
X movement is now backwards to arrow keys at this point.
Y axis is homing out on the Y- limit switch- movement is coming at the operator at this point (arrow key move axis correctly).

Attached please find a couple of screen shots after I ran the test program. Top pic shows the X Y Z coordinates axis’s were moved to the approx. center of travel showing location of DRO numbers + . second shot show the systest.out file (if this is the correct file I am unable to open it).

Do I have all backwards at this point?
Thank You!
Midohio
test screen fault.doc
(324.5 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I have reconfigured X & Y servos- not completely sure/ seems as though it is backwards to other cnc vertical mills.
I now have the X homing out on the X- limit switch- moving to the left hand direction as the picture shows when homing.
X movement is now backwards to arrow keys at this point.
Y axis is homing out on the Y- limit switch- movement is coming at the operator at this point (arrow key move axis correctly).
On a typical CNC vertical mill (one with a moving table and moving saddle):

X+ movement moves the tool to the right, by moving the table to the left.
X- movement moves the tool to the left, by moving the table to the right.
Y+ movement moves the tool away from the operator, by bringing the saddle towards the operator.
Y- movement brings the tool towards the operator, by moving the saddle away from the operator.

Centroid typically prints the jog keys to show tool movement. Therefore the right-pointing arrow is labeled as the X+ jog key, and the upward-pointing arrow is labeled as the Y+ jog key. It is normal, correct, and expected that the table and saddle will move opposite the direction the arrow points.

Some controls (for example, a vintage Milltronics I worked on recently) print the jog buttons the other way around: that is, the X+ button points left and the Y+ button points down. This makes it easier for a novice to remember which way the moving part of the machine moves, but it makes the jog keys opposite the coordinate system that you write your programs in. We usually draw parts, on paper and in our CAD systems, with X+ to the right and Y+ up.

It sounds like you have both axes backwards (which will at least cut a valid part, albeit turned around 180 degrees) and you still have a reversal of the Y axis jog keys. You should send Ajax a Report from your system, so they can see what is up with your PLC program.

You should also go to the Windows "Folder Options" screen; select the "View" tab; and un-check the box for "Hide extensions for known file types". It is curious that Windows identifies your systest.out file as an "MS-DOS batch file". Is the file's real name systest.out.bat for some reason? Making the above change in Folder Options will show that, and will also ensure that Notepad does not name your CNC files "jobname.cnc.txt".

What happened when you asked Windows to delete systest.out?
midohio

Post by midohio »

Thank You,
I now have the machine homing as it should X is moving to the left homing out on X+ switch & arrow buttons are working correctly for X.
I also have Y homing out moving away from the column towards the operator on the Y+ switch, but the Y arrows on the keyboard are backwards.

I have run the systest.cnc initiated from the configure menu and I have attached screen shot of files & what was in the systest.out file.
Systest.out file does not say what the fault is at least the way I am looking at it. I am thinking it is not able to access the 09101 - 09301 files?? -as they are showing up as a notepad files. (should they be notepad files??).

I will send a system report to Ajax as prescribed.
What do you think I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your assistance.
sceen shot.doc
(226.5 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
midohio

Post by midohio »

I have not been able to resolve my final test problem. Attached please find a before and after screen shot, the test is started with the machine being homed and home being set in all three axis. Then all three axis were centered in there travel. FYI- I am going to use only the X Y Z of the system, I will not be using the spindle or lube fault, so parameter 178 is set at 3. I have also sent this information to Ajax along with the Y axis button being reversed.

Any Ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Midohio
sys before and after.doc
(266 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Attachments
sys before and after.doc
(266 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
AjaxTech
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by AjaxTech »

The picture depicts that feedhold is set to 0%. That means that the machine will not be able to run. Please set parameter 170 to 5.