Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900662
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

motor turn ratio to ball screw

Post by owgstrength »

Hey guys i am retrofit a matsuura RA3 with a oak controller and estun motors and drivers i have reach the stage where i home all the axis.
The problem i am having is that when i give it a command in the MDI G0X1f10 the axis move more than 1.000 but 1.000 is on the DRO and axis move 2.000 i know it has to do with the ball screws pitch and motor turn ratio could someone help me with this please thanks.

I all so have the parts from the matsuura RA3 yasnac mx3 if anyone wants them i am giving them away for $300 for any parts and you pay for shipping the motors 2kw yaskawa motor
Thanks
Dan M
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8df84dfbdd5-0809181120
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: motor turn ratio to ball screw

Post by Dan M »

Find out what the lead is for the ball screw is. Example my ball screw is a 5mm lead and pitch. So 5mm = 0.197 so 1 (inch) divided by 0.197 = 5.08 turns per inch. Obviously everything was rounded up. If you can't find out the lead number take a ruler and and count how many threads there are in one inch that will get you close as well. Or since you said that you move 1 inch on the dro but have 2 inches of actual travel just cut your current turns per inch in half. All the above will get you closer.

Dan
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the machine came from Asia (e.g. Matsuura) chances are good that it has metric screws. It is likely that 2.54 revs/inch is correct, not 2.50 revs/inch.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Beauty is, you don't have to know the ballscrew pitch and pulley reduction IF you set the Encoder counts correctly first and then follow the coarse and fine DRO adjustments. You can calculate that.

Are you following the Installation manual closely and in the order that it is layed out?

I attach both sections for you as reference only. You absolutely must follow the installation guides for OAK and All in One DC to a "T" to be succesful and you must have some basic electrical/electronic skills or you are likely to struggle.

Marty
Attachments
Centroid Fine DRO Adjustment.pdf
(459.51 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Centroid Coarse DRO Adjustment.pdf
(162.82 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
owgstrength
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by owgstrength »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 am Beauty is, you don't have to know the ballscrew pitch and pulley reduction IF you set the Encoder counts correctly first and then follow the coarse and fine DRO adjustments. You can calculate that.

Are you following the Installation manual closely and in the order that it is layed out?

I attach both sections for you as reference only. You absolutely must follow the installation guides for OAK and All in One DC to a "T" to be succesful and you must have some basic electrical/electronic skills or you are likely to struggle.

Marty Thank you Marty ill follow the guide i also have an electrician working with me
owgstrength
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by owgstrength »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 pm If the machine came from Asia (e.g. Matsuura) chances are good that it has metric screws. It is likely that 2.54 revs/inch is correct, not 2.50 revs/inch.
Thank you