R668
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Ajax and Mach3 for plasma tabel

Post by R668 »

Hallo! Me name Raido - location Europe- Estonia.
I want build CNC plasma table. Haw somebody experience with Ajax CNC kit for MACH3 and plasma cutting. I’m very interested about possibility use Ajax kit and THC. Any information was be very helpful.

WBR R668
diycncscott

Re: Ajax and Mach3 for plasma tabel

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

We have had several people do Plasma with our system. Do you know anything about the THC that you plan to use on your table?

Is it self contained or does it provide some type of feedback to the control to adjust the Z height? What type of feedback is it?
R668
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Ajax and Mach3 for plasma tabel

Post by R668 »

Hello!

No concrete THC now. I have possibility us Plasma table from Messer Eurocut 1900. (from 1991.) Original control system (KS 20 A-DW) is total broken, no plasma generator –used like spare parts storage for another same type Plasma table. This table is with DC servos and encoders in X and Y axe. Torch up/down is made with pneumatics – mechanical distant holder between material and torch. I want retrofit this table with Z axe for Plasma and Router.
I want ask about possibility connect THC (contact/switch method, Arc voltage control or combined) directly with MPU11 or DC3IO. I want use Laptop, very good if I can use for connection only Ethernet - without another PC ports.

WBR R668