Joystick with DC310B and Mach3

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Captain Midnight

Joystick with DC310B and Mach3

Post by Captain Midnight »

Do I connect my two analog joysticks to H18? Should I use the internal logic +5volts? Wire each switch to pin 1,2,3,4,5, and 6. Then the other side of each switch to pin 8, logic ground. Where do I go from there?
Last edited by Captain Midnight on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cncsnw

Re: Joystick with DC310B and Mach3

Post by cncsnw »

Yes, that is the wiring in a nutshell: one side of each normally-open contact goes to an input point (one of pins 1-6) and the other side of the switch goes to 0V. If you are using the internal 5V supply you need to install the jumpers (J26 and J27, for H18) and install 470 ohm SIPs (as SIP1 and SIP4, for H18).

If you are going a long distance (maybe more than 15 feet?) or are in an especially noisy environment, then you may want to use an external 24VDC supply (and remove the jumpers and install 2.2K SIPs) to make sure you get a good signal through the input and keep external noise off the DC3IOB internal supply.

I have no idea how you would make those inputs be jogging inputs in Mach.

In CNC10 you would set Machine Parameters 124-127, per Chapter 14 of the Operator's Manual.

In CNC11 you would edit the PLC program to accept the joystick inputs in parallel with the jog panel keys. For example, you might edit the following statement:

Code: Select all

IF (Ax1MinusJogKey || KbJogAx1Minus_M) && !Ax1MinusJogDisabled_M &&
  !(IncrContLED && FinalFeedOverride_W == 0) THEN (DoAx1MinusJog)
to read:

Code: Select all

IF (Ax1MinusJogKey || KbJogAx1Minus_M || JoystickXMinus) && !Ax1MinusJogDisabled_M &&
  !(IncrContLED && FinalFeedOverride_W == 0) THEN (DoAx1MinusJog)
I realize that doesn't answer your question, but may be useful to others. Hopefully Scott can explain how to add jog inputs to Mach.
Captain Midnight

Re: Joystick with DC310B and Mach3

Post by Captain Midnight »

Thank you, but Scott says that won't work. Can anyone else help? I wish the designer of this thing would write a manual on how to use it.