Unable to open nc files < run files from USB, copy files from USB automatically>

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: Unable to open nc files

Post by cncsnw »

martyscncgarage wrote:I never have had an issue. When you point CNC12 to the file on a USB drive, it immediately copies the file the C:\CNCM(T)|NCFILES directory.
CNC12 only does that if you have bit 0 of Parameter 4 set (e.g. P4 = 1, 5, or 9).

Having that bit set is the standard configuration, but it can be turned off if you prefer to just use the file where it sits.

There is also an option (via bit 1, value +2) to "cache" CNC files. With this option a temporary copy of the current job is made on the c: drive, and the control runs that temporary copy, but it is deleted and replaced when you load a different job.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:52 pm
martyscncgarage wrote:I never have had an issue. When you point CNC12 to the file on a USB drive, it immediately copies the file the C:\CNCM(T)|NCFILES directory.
CNC12 only does that if you have bit 0 of Parameter 4 set (e.g. P4 = 1, 5, or 9).

Having that bit set is the standard configuration, but it can be turned off if you prefer to just use the file where it sits.

There is also an option (via bit 1, value +2) to "cache" CNC files. With this option a temporary copy of the current job is made on the c: drive, and the control runs that temporary copy, but it is deleted and replaced when you load a different job.
Interesting, what is the purpose or thought he nd those options? Practicality?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The caching option (P4 += 2) is mostly used with large jobs on network connections.

Having a local copy while the job runs means that the job will not be interrupted if the network connection is lost while the job is running.

Having the local copy be temporary ensures that the control's hard drive space does not eventually fill up with very large one-off job files; and ensures that there is only one "master" copy of the file.

If the caching software feature is working correctly, then edits (F6/Edit) will open the original file over the network, and not the cached copy; and any time the original file has changed when you try to run it, then a fresh copy will be downloaded.
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:43 pm The caching option (P4 += 2) is mostly used with large jobs on network connections.

Having a local copy while the job runs means that the job will not be interrupted if the network connection is lost while the job is running.

Having the local copy be temporary ensures that the control's hard drive space does not eventually fill up with very large one-off job files; and ensures that there is only one "master" copy of the file.

If the caching software feature is working correctly, then edits (F6/Edit) will open the original file over the network, and not the cached copy; and any time the original file has changed when you try to run it, then a fresh copy will be downloaded.
Thanks for pointing out those file features to us Marc!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Tallerarte
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035ff8a2d8f-0813203616
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Convert to .g code

Post by Tallerarte »

I just bought accord software and I would like you to help me know which dxf to g code converter do you recommend me please. which program do you use to convert your files to cnc accord?
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Re: Convert to .g code

Post by cnckeith »

Tallerarte,
please post your question in the main Acorn forum.
viewforum.php?f=60
Tallerarte wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:31 am I just bought accord software and I would like you to help me know which dxf to g code converter do you recommend me please. which program do you use to convert your files to cnc accord?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html