Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Simple Z probe part macro for Lathe

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

I have my conductive tool touch probe working well now and want to move on to the Z part probe function.

It is a home-made NO opto based plunger that loads onto the QCTP for setting the part Z-zero. I saw several different Z setting macros for routers (which i suppose would work) but so far I haven't seen one for a lathe. Much of what I do is the repairing of existing parts and being able to touch off on the various odd features accurately saves time. I had it working well in Mach3 with a simple macro but my brain has aged since I had that set up some time ago. :(

Can any of you fellers out there point me in the right direction?
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
cnc_smith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Simple Z probe part macro for lathe?

Post by cnc_smith »

I have attached to 2 files. The first one is Lathe Probe Z.txt. This is the macro that probes and set Z0.0 or a Z value that you want that surface to be. It will prompt you to jog X to the Diameter that you want to probed Z in and prompt you to jog Z within .125" (3 MM) of the surface. You will press cycle start and Z will be set then pull Z away from surface by clearance amount. The second file is the macro that can be used by one of the AUX keys to run the file "Lathe Probe Z.txt". It is written to use AUX 10 key. If you do not have AUX 10 already used you can change parameter 197 to = 6111. If this AUX key is already use you can use one of the other AUX keys (parameters 188-199) that are not used and make it = 6111. If you already have mfunc61.mac you will have to change this mfunc61.mac to a different M function number and change the parameter so the first 2 numbers match the number in the mfunc__.mac file.
Attachments
Lathe Probe Z.txt
Probing Z
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
mfunc61.mac
Macro to call Probing Z
(587 Bytes) Downloaded 195 times
Dana

When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61