Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

WTB - 4X4 plasma table

Post by ShawnM »

I'm just throwing this out there to see what is available. I have retrofit a ShopSabre 5x10 plasma table with Acorn and I no longer need a table this big because we cut most everything on a 12k fiber laser now.

That said I have two parts that I cannot cut on the laser and need a cnc plasma for the job because of the long reach of the torch. I really do not need a 5x10 table for this job as both parts are less than 30" long. I'm looking to downsize and see if anyone might have a 4x4 plasma table for sale. I cut literally thousands of these two parts for this customer every year and I don't want to give this job up as it's a great customer.

I'm looking to swap out the 5x10 ShopSabre plasma table with a 4x4 plasma table. Even if you just have a 4x4 plasma frame laying around I will add in my own Clearpath and Acorn. Let me know what you might have for sale or if you know someone who might have one they want to get rid of.

Thanks,
Shawn
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: WTB - 4X4 plasma table

Post by cnckeith »

Joey has a 4x4 to sell
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Keith, but does it have an Acorn plasma controller on it? :mrgreen:

I'll reach out to Joey and see what he has. I need it just to cut those i-beams that I cut for GE. The laser wont reach down inside the web of the i beam unfortunately.
msauto
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by msauto »

I'm in the market for a 5x10 plasma, what would you take for it outright? Where are you located?
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Below my details to the right my location reads Clearwater, Fl. It will not include the Hypertherm plasma cutter, you'll have to provide your own plasma cutter.

Here's a link to the Google album I started when I retrofit the machine. https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XDojEkMjEMsyuyM7
msauto
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by msauto »

ShawnM wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:54 pm Below my details to the right my location reads Clearwater, Fl. It will not include the Hypertherm plasma cutter, you'll have to provide your own plasma cutter.

Here's a link to the Google album I started when I retrofit the machine. https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XDojEkMjEMsyuyM7
LOL didn't even look. The cutter wouldn't be an issue I have several plasma cutters . But I am in Oklahoma so unless you are asking price is close to what the controller alone is worth I will have too wait for something closer or go ahead get busy building one. :lol:

Man that is a beautiful machine though, My spectra 80 would look nice on it...lol. I really like the shop sabre machines.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

It is a crazy, robust machine and it's capable of insane rapid speeds with the Clearpath motors and Acorn controller. Paired with the Hypertherm it's been a workhorse of a plasma table. Good luck in your search.