CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Shopbot Desktop 24X18

Post by Tlempicke »

Shopbot Desktop 24X18

Have it the way you want it.

At present the machine is running on Centroid motor drivers and software. It is much more reliable and accurate than with the Shopbot electronics.

But I have saved the original Shopbot Electronics. It only takes a few hours to convert the machine back to it’s original configuration.

So I will sell it either way!

The machine is in Titusville Florida just off of the 220 exit from I-95. Come see it and I will be glad to demo it for you.

$4,900 for the machine and the enclosure with your choice of electronics.
Box guts.jpeg
MX-3660.jpeg
wiring.jpeg
enclosure 2.jpeg
enclosure.jpeg
Tlempicke
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Shopbot Desktop 24X18

Post by Tlempicke »

Hey Tom, I saw the Desktop you have for sale with the Acorn controller... I did one of these at one point myself, although I ended up selling it with the SB controller... Just curious what the interest level has been? Are ShopBotters not understanding the value of a new controller..

No I don’t think they do.  In my case I was a bit hesitant at first but when I completed the job on my other machine I realized that the Acorn was a whole lot easier to work with.  That Shopbot software was originally written in the 90’s.  It has been undated but is nowhere as easy to work with as CNC12.  This is not even mentioning the fact that CNC12 is just a hop skip and jump away from FANUC and other long time pro applications. 

For years I just thought that CNC produced stuff just needed some handwork to make it fit like it should.  I did all of the things I could think of to make my Buddy more reliable and accurate.  I was pleasantly surprised when it started to turn out parts that fit the first time and every time.  Circles are really round and so are holes. 

But then I don’t feel like I can say that on the Shopbot site.  I really don’t understand whey they keep on insisting that FABMO (Which I frankly do not believe we will ever see) is the answer to their problems when an easy answer is right there and already developed. 

The reason that I put the machine up for sale is that I am moving our whole operation to Florida.  If the market wants me to own two Shopbots, oh well that is not a problem.