Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Shopbot Desktop - Highly Modified

Post by Tlempicke »

Highly modified Shopbot Desktop 24X18

This CNC machine was bought new and has been in my air conditioned Florida home. Since we only live here three months of the year it has seen little use. This past Christmas I removed all of the Shopbot computer equipment including the motor drivers and replaced with brand new Centroid based equipment. This machine now runs flawlessly, reliably and accurately. Circles are round, parts that should fit into other parts fit the first time and every time.
Here is what you get;

The machine which was already converted to the 5.5 inch Z axis. The old Z axis comes with.
The enclosure that the machine operates in. While in the enclosure you can stand next to the operating machine and talk in a normal tone of voice. It is extremely quiet. Best of all NONE of the sawdust is going in to the air. See the pictures. The enclosure was designed and built with provisions for a dust collector.
The Shopbot Installed VFD and Spindle
The outboard computer box that houses the Centroid Acorn computer and drives the Leadshine MX-3660 motor driver. Three cables run to the back of the Shopbot and are on plugs for transport.
A brand new Intel NUC8/3BEK1 computer with 8 Gig of RaM and a 500 Gig. Solid State Hard Drive. Windows, CNC12 Mill by Centroid and the license for the Acorn board are installed.
A brand new 17 inch Viewsonic touch screen monitor.
Apple Keyboard and mouse
A Brand New Centroid RF pendant
A case with extra collets and Collet nuts

Shipping this is not really practical. We are within 3 miles of Exit 220 on I-95 in Florida. Come pick it up and I will throw in a couple of hours instruction so that within an hour of getting home you can be producing parts.
Price $7,900
enclosure.jpeg
enclosure 2.jpeg
wiring.jpeg
outboard box.jpeg
Bot upgrade.rtf
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
MX-3660.jpeg
Box guts.jpeg
Tlempicke
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Shopbot Desktop - Highly Modified

Post by Tlempicke »

The price has been reduced to $5900.00
Tlempicke
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Shopbot Desktop - Highly Modified

Post by Tlempicke »

Would be willing to sell just the desktop and enclosure for $4,900 if you wish to provide your own computer. The license is linked to the centroid Acorn control board and so will go with the unit.