CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn ClearPath DIY Control for AVID & ShopBot

Post by Gary Campbell »

UPDATE!!!
To offer our customers more (and better) connection options we are now offering this control with the C86ACCP interface board and expanded IO terminals and a thru door safety power switch. These controls along with a complete recommended purchase list for the associated Teknic components, make a one stop source for AVID and ShopBot users that wish to upgrade their machines control to Teknic ClearPath servos.

Do you really want to spend good money on a controller built by someone with zero days experience?

COMING SOON!! Acorn ClearPath controller for CNC Depot S30 ATC Spindles
SB Pwd by Centroid CPC86.jpg
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

Update April 2024....
We are now offering a lesser cost modular version of the Acorn 4 C86ACCP controller for ClearPath servos. Featuring M12 connectors for inputs and a matching 14 pin connector for spindle control, including CNC Depot ATC spindles.

Compatible with up to 2 Teknic power supplies, independent auto square, rotary 4th axis, (5 motors total) CNC Depot ATC, engraving PWM laser, AVID spindles and all of our and Centroid accessories.

gcnc411@gmail.com for more information
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
grossmsj
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by grossmsj »

Sure wish this had been an option for me back in September. I had a build 'done' by a person recommended on the Avid community board. It was a total disaster. I got a half built box after four months of waiting. The spindle he bought failed in his own hands, and he sent me a bunch of used Clearpath servos. Some weren't even step and direction. Only one drive under warranty, but I can't return it. Not a single one of the Clearpaths were the motors I specified and paid for.
I'm out $7,500.
The system works fine now, but picking the wrong builder can be a disaster. With Gary you KNOW you'll get quaility.
DeckelHead
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7520 Acorn
CNC12: No

Post by DeckelHead »

Vevor enclosures in different sizes are also available on Amazon. I'm not pushing Amazon because, frankly, I think they are kind of evil, but the reality is that enclosures are fairly heavy and always large. As a result, you may well end up paying as much for shipping as you do for the enclosure if you buy them from other sources (or you don't have Prime). In this particular case, AMZN works well.