Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Claearpat sdsk can't get to enable

Post by pescadoman »

I don't care if I'm an idiot for not being able to work, I just need it to....work. I've checked continuity through all the wires and they are good. Also tried the c86accp. The things just won't enable.. I've only got one hooked up. SDSK moves with MSP. Axis enables in software and sends 5v to the enable circuit, but it stays yellow.
Attachments
17094317029151855408001181401348.jpg
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Claearpat sdsk can't get to enable

Post by ShawnM »

Once again, try wiring it per the Centroid diagram and let us know if it works or not. Please post a current report from the machine so we can see your settings. Without this report we are just guessing.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

For the enable indicator LEDs, I see three reds and one green. Red indicates an axis that is not enabled; green indicates an axis that is enabled.

What "stays yellow"?

When Acorn enables an axis, it pulls the enable pin down, from whatever the drive held it at, to approximately 0VDC. What is "sending 5V"?
pescadoman

Post by pescadoman »

ShawnM wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:44 pm Once again, try wiring it per the Centroid diagram and let us know if it works or not. Please post a current report from the machine so we can see your settings. Without this report we are just guessing.
cncsnw wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:48 pm For the enable indicator LEDs, I see three reds and one green. Red indicates an axis that is not enabled; green indicates an axis that is enabled.

What "stays yellow"?

When Acorn enables an axis, it pulls the enable pin down, from whatever the drive held it at, to approximately 0VDC. What is "sending 5V"?
The LED on the Clearpath
pescadoman

Post by pescadoman »

ShawnM wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:44 pm Once again, try wiring it per the Centroid diagram and let us know if it works or not. Please post a current report from the machine so we can see your settings. Without this report we are just guessing.
Besides lack of resistors, what's different from the schematic? Someone bashed me for running 24v, even though that's how it started, so now I have 5v
pescadoman

Post by pescadoman »

cncsnw wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:48 pm For the enable indicator LEDs, I see three reds and one green. Red indicates an axis that is not enabled; green indicates an axis that is enabled.

What "stays yellow"?

I only have one axis connected, to simplify things.
Last edited by pescadoman on Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If your orange wire on the "ENA" terminal measures 5V above the common/ground level of the Acorn logic supply, then the axis is not enabled.

If that coincides with a green enable LED on the Acorn board, then you either have a wiring error, or a blown enable output.

Is the axis you have connected and are attempting to test, axis #4? Or is it one of the first three?
pescadoman

Post by pescadoman »

Yes, it's 4. I'll be home in a few hours.. I truly appreciate the help.. thank you