CNC Control System Serial Number: E062346A1C67-0716214939
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Adding functionality to VCP

Post by avp »

Hello,
I just added an Ether1616 to my setup. All is working good. Now that I have plenty of outputs to use I want to play a little. These machines are like hot rods, they are never done.

My router has a 5 x 8 vacuum table that has 5 zones. What I would like to do for fun and functionality is add an air cylinder to each gate and have them controlled independently from the VCP with corresponding buttons on the VCP. Say Zone 1 open close and so forth.

Adding the air cylinders is not a problem and wiring them up to the relays is not either.
However can some of you point me in the right direction as to how to get the buttons on the VCP to work with the corresponding outputs.
I think I can handle making the buttons and adding them to folders and so forth, I'm just not sure if PLC programing would be involved. And skin event numbers are confusing to me.
I have read a little about that but still not sure how to start. So what should I start reading up on to accomplish this. Is it possible and not too crazy complicated?
Thank you
Bill
Sword
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Adding functionality to VCP

Post by Sword »

Very possible, and only as complicated as you want to make it. ;) You could have one button for each zone, or one button that asks which zone or zones you want enabled. Graphics could be a representation of the table with the zone colored and even a two state on/off kind of button, etc.

Recommended reading....https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf
Scott