CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: new here

Post by tblough »

You could use mechanical sensors. Euchner makes an excellent line of them specifically for machine tools.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Joe2024
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Joe2024 »

I may have to admit to defeat, I have seen so many others on this forum and other pages that have some of the same issues that just lead me to believe that they just don't and as long as they can continue to sell at a low dollar point in comparison to other Chinese imports and sell as being American made why should they care! as long as it ain't broke don't fix it, people will still buy it! I went back over many pages with similar issues, where people just threw up their hands and gave up! I may just remove all and hope and pray on soft limits.
Gary Campbell
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

Joe2024 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:29 pm is that the only solution
No. You can use NPN Normally Open (NO) sensors in parallel. NO sensors are usually cheaper and for the purposes of homing or limits on a homebuilt router they will perform every bit as good as the NC versions. The only downside is that a NO sensor will not show as tripped if you have a sensor failure or broken wire.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

You also have many communication errors in your report. Did you run the communication stress test on your system? What brand is your network card? Is it Intel?

You are also running 5.06 according to your report, you should update to 5.08 as it fixes some issues and added features.

I've used "authentic" Omron sensors pulled from industrial machines and cheap $8 Chinese proximity sensors from Amazon over the last several years, both with the same results. I've never had any issues with the cheap proximity sensors not working. And I wire NC switches in series which many people say it won't work and it always does without fail. I'm doubting the sensors are your problem.

Can you post a pic of the actual sensor you are using? Are you powering them with 24 volts? How EXACTLY are you wiring them?
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Looking further at your report you have many COM errors and MPU Resends requests at or near an e-stop/reset which is when you would be trying to home the machine.

I'd recommend you upgrade to 5.08 and then find the source of your communication errors, this will most likely fix all your issues with homing.

Secondly, you must clean up the wiring in your cabinet as this in itself can cause noise and com errors.