CNC Control System Serial Number: 0479B7ADE6D8-1030192600
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

DELMIA NC Shop Floor Machining processor for Centroid

Post by TSHcnc »

Hi All,

This is more to share some findings about a CAM option out there. For a while I've been using my Acorn powered mill by writing my own simple G-code files, but now I want to move to using CAM software to help take CAD parts to the manufacturing stage.
Historically most recommendations were to use Fusion 360 for that, however it is not free like it used to be anymore (Autodesk is charging $900/Year).

I just came across an offer from Dassault where you can get what they call a MAKER license for $50/year and that gives full access to Solidworks and a full CAM product called NC Shop Floor Machining (and bunch of other tools). I went ahead and purchased a 1 year subscription and it seems to be very capable CAM tool with lots of tutorials all over the internet as well as through your subscription that you already purchased.

When setting the post-processor option I was able to find under the ICAM Foundation processor provider these two: CENTROIDM400 & CENTROIT400 (M for Mill & T for Turn). Upon doing online search, the only useful information I was able to find is that Centroid 400 is a standalone CNC control system sold by Centroid to retrofit existing CNC's with a Centroid system.
I assume this post-processor should be applicable for the use with ACORN boards, Can anyone confirm that?
Capture.PNG
cncsnw

Re: DELMIA NC Shop Floor Machining processor for Centroid

Post by cncsnw »

For most practical purposes, all Centroid controls of the last 25 years run the same CNC codes, and can use the same postprocessors.

The differences between an M20, M40, M39, M15, M400, M400S, or Acorn have to do with console packaging and back-end hardware; not with the way the front-end software interprets G codes.

When you get into more advanced or obscure features, there have been changes in the front-end software over the years, generally to add capability. For example, an M400 from 1998 will not support inverse-time feedrates with G93, while an M400 (or M39 or Acorn or whatever) from 2018 will.
TSHcnc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0479B7ADE6D8-1030192600
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by TSHcnc »

cncsnw wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:50 pm For most practical purposes, all Centroid controls of the last 25 years run the same CNC codes, and can use the same postprocessors.

The differences between an M20, M40, M39, M15, M400, M400S, or Acorn have to do with console packaging and back-end hardware; not with the way the front-end software interprets G codes.

When you get into more advanced or obscure features, there have been changes in the front-end software over the years, generally to add capability. For example, an M400 from 1998 will not support inverse-time feedrates with G93, while an M400 (or M39 or Acorn or whatever) from 2018 will.
Thank you, this really helps.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

i moved this post to the Acorn Forum
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html