What size LCD screen is compatible with CNC12 and VCP (resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

What size LCD screen is compatible with CNC12 and VCP (resolved)

Post by cnckeith »

The CNC12 and VCP software is designed to be used with a Wide Screen (16:9) LCD screen.

Dickeybird posted that his VCP “wasn’t showing up”. the reason the VCP is “not showing up", is Dickeybird is using a 4:3 aspect LCD screen and when you start CNC12 the VCP doesn’t have enough room to autosize itself on the 4:3 screen.
Solution: Use a 16:9 aspect screen.
And we highly recommend using a touch screen LCD so the operator can take advantage of the excellent Touch Screen Operator Control Panel. (VCP)
See this post that Marty made about good touch screen LCD to use. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=929

This is how the CNC12 Acorn CNC software with the VCP appears on a 16:9 touch screen lcd display.
acorn-cnc12-screen-shot1920.jpg
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
DICKEYBIRD
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: What size LCD screen is compatible with CNC12 and VCP

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

Ouch, that hurts. :oops: I'm so sorry! Thanks to all that tried to help. Never even dreamed that was the problem. I still use old school monitors because I'm frugal & only replace them when they die. Another case of penny-wise & pound foolish.

I owe you guys a beer or nine.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Re: What size LCD screen is compatible with CNC12 and VCP?

Post by cnckeith »

I'm going to start to ask/require a detailed photo gallery link (or post them here on this forum directly) of the cnc machine and cnc control cabinet be posted along with any requests for help so, that all of us who take the time to give advice can see the "big picture" and solve any issues or misunderstanding right away. Sometimes the DIY CNC guy doesn't know the right question to ask to get what he is after..Good Pictures really help in this situation. There are plenty of free photo gallery hosting sites ( i use google) and everyone has a cell phone that can take great photos these days..so there is no reason not to provide photos with any request for help, that way you can give us a picture that is worth a thousand words and we can see what you are seeing.
Along with photos include a "report.zip" file allows us tech guys to "see" the cnc control and machine setup information and the error and message logs. this provides us with a TON of information. without it we are all just guessing. so if you want a quick concise solution to your questions. Post photos, Post a report and you will get it here.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes

Re: What size LCD screen is compatible with CNC12 and VCP

Post by martyscncgarage »

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:03 am Ouch, that hurts. :oops: I'm so sorry! Thanks to all that tried to help. Never even dreamed that was the problem. I still use old school monitors because I'm frugal & only replace them when they die. Another case of penny-wise & pound foolish.

I owe you guys a beer or nine.
Glad it was as simple as that!
Been bitten by that one more than once. Found I wasted money AND time trying to save money. Buy once, cry once. :D

Last bumped by cnckeith on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ