Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: today i drafted a discussion paper on tool height offset methods

Post by cnckeith »

Ken Rychlik wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:12 pm Will the new version auto store the tool offset in the library? I changed to z zero button to Z Reference so my brain understands.

I

Ken
im not sure what you mean. Reference in our lexicon is not a part zero.

any version of CNC12 will "auto store" the tool offsets, this is nothing new. :D
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Ken Rychlik
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 80F5B5B92C3A-0213236854
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Ken Rychlik »

Ken

im not sure what you mean. Reference in our lexicon is not a part zero.

any version of CNC12 will "auto store" the tool offsets, this is nothing new. :D
I couldn't use the auto measure feature with my table limits, so maybe that would be fixed together.

I want a macro button on screen for measuring tools instead of going into the library, so maybe that's on me. Could a macro button access the auto measure in the library maybe?

I am to lazy to want to click sever buttons to get into the library to do what I think one button should do.

I even like a button to fire up the dust collection and have it sweep the table clean between sheets. When you use one to make a living for a long period of time, the little things are important.
Attachments
image_67193857.JPG
Ken
Houseman303
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901313
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Houseman303 »

For me, Z Reference would be Tool 0 (empty spindle). Every measured tool is a positive value that can also be remeasured. Compatible with external tool setters. Values ​​of D and H from the active tool on the main page during program run would be fantastic.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The "Reference Tool" is the tool, real or imaginary, that is the standard length against which all the other tools' length offsets are measured.

"Z Reference" is the head position (Z axis DRO reading) at which the Reference Tool touches the surface that you are going to measure tools upon.

Yes, if your Reference Tool is the face of the empty spindle, then every real tool will have a positive offset.

That positive offset is determined by subtracting the Z axis position at which the real tool touches the measuring surface, from the Z Reference position at which the reference tool touched the measuring surface.