Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269533454-0111180523
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Start up behavior (resolved)

Post by RGSparber »

When I power up, I see CNC12 come up automatically and successfully talk with the Acorn board. Then is says to press Cycle Start to begin the loaded program. I don't want to run a program yet so do not press Cycle Start.

If I press ALT J to bring up the Keyboard Jog Panel, nothing happens. But if I use my mouse to jog any axis, ALT J works and continues to work. I also found that I could press my ALT1 key and that would let ALT J work.

Rick
diycncscott

Re: Start up behavior

Post by diycncscott »

I think you are confusing "Keyboard Jogging" and the Virtual Control Panel. Virtual Control Panel is a WPF program that resides on the right hand side of the screen in the area not used by CNC12. If enabled, "Keyboard Jogging" brings up a bit map in the MIDDLE of the screen that has NO mouse interaction whatsoever. It is driven completely and solely by the keyboard shortcuts as displayed in the bitmap. To enable Keyboard Jogging use the Wizard, go into Spindle Setup and change USB Jog Panel to "No" then press Alt-J

"But if I use my mouse to jog any axis, ALT J works and continues to work. I also found that I could press my ALT1 key and that would let ALT J work."
What do you mean "it works"?
RGSparber
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by RGSparber »

diycncscott wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:42 pm I think you are confusing "Keyboard Jogging" and the Virtual Control Panel. Virtual Control Panel is a WPF program that resides on the right hand side of the screen in the area not used by CNC12. If enabled, "Keyboard Jogging" brings up a bit map in the MIDDLE of the screen that has NO mouse interaction whatsoever. It is driven completely and solely by the keyboard shortcuts as displayed in the bitmap. To enable Keyboard Jogging use the Wizard, go into Spindle Setup and change USB Jog Panel to "No" then press Alt-J

"But if I use my mouse to jog any axis, ALT J works and continues to work. I also found that I could press my ALT1 key and that would let ALT J work."
What do you mean "it works"?
I have the Keyboard Jogging panel turned off so just get green box with "USB Jog Panel Active" in the upper right corner of this panel.

I have two sequences to share with you:

Case 1: Power up Sequence
1. PC and Acorn are powered through the same switch. I apply power.
2. system comes up and the program shows messages 335, 301, and 2099
3. I press ALT J on keyboard and get no response. Tried it again with same result.
4. using the Virtual Control Panel, I pressed the X+ button and the X axis jogged one step
5. ALT J now works and the green box with "USB Jog Panel Active" comes up
6. ALT J pressed a second time and the green box is gone.

Case 2: Virtual eStop Cycled
1. system is up and running; ALT J works as expected.
2. I press the eStop button on the Virtual Control Panel twice. A dashed box appears around the button.
3. ALT J has no effect
4. I press the INCR/CONT button (could be any button on the VCP) and now ALT J works as expected.

Please let me know what other data would help.

Thanks for your help,

Rick
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I think you have a focus issue. Click on the blue screen before pressing alt-j to be sure you have focus on CNC12.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Rick,
What Scott means by a "Focus issue" is that when you first start the software click anywhere on the screen to make it active and responsive to keyboard commands. Once you do that the first time the software starts, it should be fine for that session.

FYI, CNC 12 has not been released for All in One DC, OAK or MPU11 (Centroid's other motion control hardware still running on CNC11. Currently its only applies to ACORN. Unless the Acorn guys come down here, they won't get the benefit of seeing your inquiries which are beneficial to those just getting Acorn.

Keep at it!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
RGSparber
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by RGSparber »

Yes, it was a "focus" problem. After I touch the screen to tell Win10 that I am talking to this window, all works.

Thanks!

Rick
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

Right on.
Hopefully they'll fix the focus issue in a future release
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

fyi..its only on startup of cnc12 4.06..so you just have to touch (or click) the CNC12 screen once and it stays focused for the rest of the session. very minor and yes will be changed in 4.08.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html