Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Dmm Servo Spindle Motor High speed problem

Post by Accu-Slice »

I recently installed the DMM DYN4 - 1.3 KW servo motor as a spindle motor on my PM30 mill. For the most part it is working fine.

The problem is that if it is operating at speeds over 2000 rpm and then is issued an M5 Stop command the servo controller faults with an over voltage error message. If I add a line of g-code to the program to reduce the speed down to 1000 rpm before the M5 command, then it works properly. At speeds less than 2000 rpm is works fine with no issues.

I have been working with DMM but have been unable to resolve this issue. I have been adjusting the Acceleration and other parameters in the tune file with no improvement.

Is this just a design issue with the DYN 1.3KW servo motor? In the servo motor specifications, it has a rating of 1500/3000 rated peak speed. Again I am not sure what the dual 1500/3000 rating means. The servo motor seems to have plenty of power. I have been machining aluminum, brass and iron with no power issues.
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Dmm Servo Spindle Motor High speed problem

Post by suntravel »

Can you connect an external brake resistor?

If not, deceleration needs to be dialed slower in the servo software if it is possible.

Uwe