Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Home to limit switches.

Post by dpascucci_support »

One thing I've noticed is that you have the homing type set to "simple" and your home file simply sets home to the current position, not seeking any switches. Set homing type to "Automatic", make sure each motor seeks home in the right direction, then give it a try.
Edit: and make sure to use Chris's homing file, he got to it before I did
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC12: Yes

Post by ShawnM »

eman5oh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:11 am I agree for this particular router I am making this hard than it needs to be, but I have plans of converting my mill over to Centroid and that will have the same issue. The mill has a single limit switch that is actuated via end stops at each end of travel, I have used it this way for years with Linux CNC with the same switch also serving as a home switch. The switches are robust and work well, I have no desire to reinvent the wheel here to make it work with different controller, the controller should adapt to the hardware not the other way around. I am glad to see this feature getting added to Centroid and I think it will serve others well too. I don't mind beta testing this and providing feedback , again I appreciate all the insight and help with this you you and others have given making me happy with my Acorn Purchase.
I understand what you are saying and Acorn can handle the situation on your mill also right out of the box. It's very easy to setup.
eman5oh
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20D77883F936-0629237375

Post by eman5oh »

Allin1Chris wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:00 pm In addition to what keith sent earlier, You need to set it to "Automatic Homing" so that CNC12 will try to seek to switches. In addition, since limitall isnt quite considered a homing input for the wizard, the cncm.hom file will need to be manually modified for this to work, so select "I will create my own home program, do not overwrite cncm.hom" as well on the homing and travel screen.

Can use the attached cncm.hom file that should work with your setup. Place this in your C:\cncm directory and overwrite.
Thanks! I did try the "Automatic Homing" first, it did not work so I matched Keith's video exactly. I will give your cncm.hom file a try tonight.
eman5oh

Post by eman5oh »

I could not get it to work with the custom cncm.hom, it started to home the Z and then errored out on a limit switch. I moved back to the stable version and used the machine to cut a panel for it's controller case and got swissi's probe app up and running. So far really liking Centroid, getting the probing set up and work only took around 10 minutes to read the docs and have it up and running.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I could not get it to work with the custom cncm.hom, it started to home the Z and then errored out on a limit switch.
It would be possible to find out what went wrong and how to fix it, if we could somehow find out:
1) What your cncm.hom file said, and
2) What your Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters table said.

But for anyone to find out those things, you would have to have saved a Report of the failing configuration, and then would have to post it here.
eman5oh

Post by eman5oh »

Hi All,

I sold the router that I was trying to get this to work with, but I have purchased two more Acorn's , one to convert my Bridgeport Boss5 Mill from Linux CNC and a second one for a larger router that I am building and for both it would be preferred to combine the limit and home functionality to one switch, does this now work in V5.08 now?
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

limit as home only before and during homing is in v5.08 you have to set it up "manually" using CNC12 which is easy. by setting the limit and home inputs definitions in the Motor Parameters screen in CNC12 configuration menu to the same number.

for for instance if X axis has a neagative limit switch wired into input 1 set Limit - = 1 and Home - = 1 to let CNC12 know to look for input one as both the home and limit switch for that axis.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
eman5oh

Post by eman5oh »

@cnckeith , Thank you and whoever else made this work, I have a new build almost done and just had chance to try this out with software paired axis with auto squaring and it works perfectly. Super happy with the Acorn!
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

eman5oh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:59 pm @cnckeith , Thank you and whoever else made this work, I have a new build almost done and just had chance to try this out with software paired axis with auto squaring and it works perfectly. Super happy with the Acorn!
thanks for reporting back!
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
eman5oh

Post by eman5oh »

Photos of the new build are here https://photos.app.goo.gl/BjTnLRzn3kgnS8h76 , next up will be converting my Bridgeport Boss 5 from Linux CNC to Acorn. I already have the Acorn in hand for that project, just need to put the finishing touches on the new router build so I have at least one functioning machine.