Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20D77883F936-0629237375
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Home to limit switches.

Post by eman5oh »

Will the three wired as "HomeAll" work as limits after homing is complete? That is the behavior I would like.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

in v5.07 rev16 you can assign all limits to one input (LimitAll) and also have those limits act as home switches as well.
before homing the LimitAll input acts as a Home input and the home program looks at that input, after homing the input defined as LimitAll acts as a Limit Switch input and prevents accidental overtravel after homing.
the setup for this is in the Wizard Homing menu. I will make a quick video and show you how in next post.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

There you have it, the latest beta version will do exactly what you want it to do. Download it and give it a try.
eman5oh
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by eman5oh »

I tried using the beta and set input one to LimitsAll and used the wizard to set the wizard to home to a switch as well as checked ignore limits prior to homing but my machine does not home, looking forward to the video to see how to set it up. With this feature I would be seriously considering another acorn to use on my mill to have the two controls match.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

this feature is in beta so it takes a little setup, here is video explaining how.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vksjxsUwpxUNzUNQ7
1.) define an input as LimitAll
2.) Select "ignore limits before homing" YES in the homing menu. write settings to cnc control , follow instructions.
3.) restart CNC12, go to the "motor setup" screen and enter in the input number you are using for LimitAll in the correct + and - columns. Save, restart cnc12.
and test it. you might want to trigger your limit/home switches by hand while homing as a test.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
eman5oh

Post by eman5oh »

Thank for the instructions and video, unfortunately I still can not get it to work following your steps. I have attached a report and some screen shots if that helps. I really applicate this feature being added!
Attachments
home.PNG
Motor.PNG
Limits all.PNG
report_20D77883F936-0629237375_2023-12-13_21-16-13.zip
(935.76 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Since this is a beta feature and I have not tried it I would suggest you set your soft limits to all zero and try again. Keith did not have his soft limits set and I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

If all else fails you can revert back to the way I explained it in my previous post and it will work perfectly without any issues. I feel you are making this harder than it really is. What you want to do has been done thousands of times without issue.
eman5oh

Post by eman5oh »

ShawnM wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:55 am Since this is a beta feature and I have not tried it I would suggest you set your soft limits to all zero and try again. Keith did not have his soft limits set and I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

If all else fails you can revert back to the way I explained it in my previous post and it will work perfectly without any issues. I feel you are making this harder than it really is. What you want to do has been done thousands of times without issue.
I agree for this particular router I am making this hard than it needs to be, but I have plans of converting my mill over to Centroid and that will have the same issue. The mill has a single limit switch that is actuated via end stops at each end of travel, I have used it this way for years with Linux CNC with the same switch also serving as a home switch. The switches are robust and work well, I have no desire to reinvent the wheel here to make it work with different controller, the controller should adapt to the hardware not the other way around. I am glad to see this feature getting added to Centroid and I think it will serve others well too. I don't mind beta testing this and providing feedback , again I appreciate all the insight and help with this you you and others have given making me happy with my Acorn Purchase.
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

I don't think you'll see Centroid rushing to copy Linux CNC or Mach any time soon. While Centroid now has the Acorn for the hobbyist market, Centroid was developed as an option to professional CNC controls for industrial machinery. For those, it's not enough to know that a limit was tripped - they need to know which limit was tripped.

In addition, the home position does not need to be at the ends of travel. Home can just as easily be some where in the middle. Therefore, a Home switch is not the same thing as a Limit switch.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

In addition to what keith sent earlier, You need to set it to "Automatic Homing" so that CNC12 will try to seek to switches. In addition, since limitall isnt quite considered a homing input for the wizard, the cncm.hom file will need to be manually modified for this to work, so select "I will create my own home program, do not overwrite cncm.hom" as well on the homing and travel screen.

Can use the attached cncm.hom file that should work with your setup. Place this in your C:\cncm directory and overwrite.
Attachments
cncm.hom
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by Allin1Chris on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos